Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube to KODI library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Doesn't have a "run" selection.

https://i.imgur.com/APEML5P.png
I'm having a weird issue where some channels wont update (on auto & refresh all).
The only way to get new episodes is to go to MANAGE -> CHANNEL NAME ->  REFRESH

Error report when updating:
2020-06-12 17:14:50.393 T:13556  NOTICE: The playlist identified with the request's <code>playlistId</code> parameter cannot be found.
2020-06-12 17:14:50.412 T:3688   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary/?foldername=Refresh_all&mode=ManageItem
2020-06-12 17:14:50.426 T:14136   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary/?foldername=Refresh_all&mode=ManageItem) failed

This started after i added a whole bunch of channels. I currently have 72 channels.
(2020-06-12, 17:26)Albinator Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a weird issue where some channels wont update (on auto & refresh all).
The only way to get new episodes is to go to MANAGE -> CHANNEL NAME ->  REFRESH

Error report when updating:
2020-06-12 17:14:50.393 T:13556  NOTICE: The playlist identified with the request's <code>playlistId</code> parameter cannot be found.
2020-06-12 17:14:50.412 T:3688   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary/?foldername=Refresh_all&mode=ManageItem
2020-06-12 17:14:50.426 T:14136   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary/?foldername=Refresh_all&mode=ManageItem) failed

This started after i added a whole bunch of channels. I currently have 72 channels.

You sure you didn't hit the quota?
I have used 12,523 the past 30 days according to the google developer console.
But i've only got an error message (and that was a different error) once for my quota and that was two days ago when i added all my subscriptions.

I may be wrong but don't you get a 10000 limit per day that resets at midnight?
Btw it does also add most of the new episodes.

Maybe i have to many channels and the code cant keep up or something?
I have no idea how coding works. Just a thought, since it worked much better when i had fewer channels.
(2020-06-12, 17:11)Kriven Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't have a "run" selection.

Try adding the plugin to a menu on your kodi skin. That's how i use it.
Edit: nvm that's not possible either. I did that when the plugin was a video plugin and not a service plugin.
This command is what i use atm, so add it as a custom item:
ActivateWindow(Videos,"plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary",return)
(2020-06-13, 00:43)Albinator Wrote: [ -> ]

Edit: nvm that's not possible either. I did that when the plugin was a video plugin and not a service plugin.
This command is what i use atm:

it's under Addons -> video addons but i'll take a look into it when i have time.

Quote:I may be wrong but don't you get a 10000 limit per day that resets at midnight?

Midnight UTC -7

Quote:Maybe i have to many channels and the code cant keep up or something?
I have no idea how coding works. Just a thought, since it worked much better when i had fewer channels.

is it always the same channel?
(2020-06-11, 17:43)didi82 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there something you can do about search results? The items that appear first have nothing to do with what I'm searching for. This is with every channel I've added for so far.

Example: SpaceX, third last result is the SpaceX channel.

Fixed on v0.0.9... can't push it out yet until the playlist thingy is done.

we're getting there, aiming to get this thing out by Wednesday
(2020-06-13, 09:03)evantaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-13, 00:43)Albinator Wrote: [ -> ]

This command is what i use atm:

it's under Addons -> video addons but i'll take a look into it when i have time.

Quote:I may be wrong but don't you get a 10000 limit per day that resets at midnight?

Midnight UTC -7
Quote:Maybe i have to many channels and the code cant keep up or something?

is it always the same channel?

Yeah, but its more than one channel. I have begun re-adding all of my channels again. Maybe that will work. There were also some things about the thumbnails in "Manage" like half of them were missing. When im adding the channels now there's a thumbnail on every single one.

It takes time to do it though. I max out the quota pretty fast.
One thing i don't understand tho is when i look at https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials
my "Usage with all services (last 30 days)" is 13,888. And it only increased like 500 today. My quota should work if i look at that one,
but i suspect that im looking at the wrong one or understanding it wrong.
Excellent Add-on. I'm really looking forward to the Playlist support. IMHO if the add-on somehow magically allows us to import from personalized content like "Recommended", "My subscriptions", etc, it would dramatically enhance overall YouTube experience on Kodi. But it's already a superb add-on as is.

The only thing I can't get to work is the "Refresh" function. Neither "Refresh All" nor Refresh individual channel works for me. I couldn't find anything useful from the debug log, either. (I'm on Leia 18.7) It has to be something with my setup but I also tried a fresh portable install and still experienced the same issue:

2020-06-16 21:57:40.428 T:7680  NOTICE: Getting info for playlist: UU5ILR1Cu1neBNiMQS7QW2NA
2020-06-16 21:57:41.034 T:7680  NOTICE: Getting info for playlist: UUriy3vlLtiBov3nLdPLadUg
2020-06-16 21:57:41.619 T:10552   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary/?foldername=Refresh_all&mode=ManageItem
2020-06-16 21:57:41.623 T:9168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary/?foldername=Refresh_all&mode=ManageItem) failed
(2020-06-16, 16:09)gotiuser01 Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent Add-on. I'm really looking forward to the Playlist support. IMHO if the add-on somehow magically allows us to import from personalized content like "Recommended", "My subscriptions", etc, it would dramatically enhance overall YouTube experience on Kodi. But it's already a superb add-on as is.

The only thing I can't get to work is the "Refresh" function. Neither "Refresh All" nor Refresh individual channel works for me. I couldn't find anything useful from the debug log, either. (I'm on Leia 18.7) It has to be something with my setup but I also tried a fresh portable install and still experienced the same issue:

2020-06-16 21:57:40.428 T:7680  NOTICE: Getting info for playlist: UU5ILR1Cu1neBNiMQS7QW2NA
2020-06-16 21:57:41.034 T:7680  NOTICE: Getting info for playlist: UUriy3vlLtiBov3nLdPLadUg
2020-06-16 21:57:41.619 T:10552   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary/?foldername=Refresh_all&mode=ManageItem
2020-06-16 21:57:41.623 T:9168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.youtube2kodilibrary/?foldername=Refresh_all&mode=ManageItem) failed
Asian channels are not supported at the moment (fix soonish), and those errors can be ignored.
Update: I just tested the refresh function again and found that it actually work (at least partially). The issue is that a couple of new videos were skipped. For example, there's supposed to be an episode (uploaded 18 hours ago) between 2020x227 (uploaded 11 hours ago) and 2020x226 (uploaded 1 day ago) but it's not there. Hopefully this can be fixed once the Asian channel support is added Smile
(2020-06-16, 20:37)gotiuser01 Wrote: [ -> ]Update: I just tested the refresh function again and found that it actually work (at least partially). The issue is that a couple of new videos were skipped. For example, there's supposed to be an episode (uploaded 18 hours ago) between 2020x227 (uploaded 11 hours ago) and 2020x226 (uploaded 1 day ago) but it's not there. Hopefully this can be fixed once the Asian channel support is added Smile
I think the problem is deeper than Asian channels.
Re-adding the channels did not help either.
Like for example https://youtu.be/myNcPxc1Znw did not show up automatically and i had to manually refresh the channel to make it show up.
This one were also missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j_McvX308o did the same as above and it added itself in the folder but didn't get picked up by
library scanning so i had to refresh the shows episodes and then it got added. Very weird. Ill keep an eye on the episodes that get added and the log when i start Kodi tomorrow.

Looking forward to the playlist thingy tho.

Edit: Didn't find any missing episodes today, so ill post a log some other day.
(2020-06-17, 00:05)Albinator Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-16, 20:37)gotiuser01 Wrote: [ -> ]Update: I just tested the refresh function again and found that it actually work (at least partially). The issue is that a couple of new videos were skipped. For example, there's supposed to be an episode (uploaded 18 hours ago) between 2020x227 (uploaded 11 hours ago) and 2020x226 (uploaded 1 day ago) but it's not there. Hopefully this can be fixed once the Asian channel support is added Smile
I think the problem is deeper than Asian channels.
Re-adding the channels did not help either.
Like for example https://youtu.be/myNcPxc1Znw did not show up automatically and i had to manually refresh the channel to make it show up.
This one were also missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j_McvX308o did the same as above and it added itself in the folder but didn't get picked up by
library scanning so i had to refresh the shows episodes and then it got added. Very weird. Ill keep an eye on the episodes that get added and the log when i start Kodi tomorrow.

Looking forward to the playlist thingy tho.

Sounds like a different issue to me. In your case, "Refresh all" or "Refresh every x hours" did generate strm and nfo files in the local library folder for the newly uploaded videos. It just didn't trigger a library update like how it does when you manually refresh the individual channel.

In my case, the add-on never generated strm/nfo files for the missing episodes during the refresh process. Let's say I refresh a channel and get 2 new videos but the channel actually uploaded 3 since the last update. And the missing one was actually uploaded in between of those two Confused
(2020-06-17, 09:02)gotiuser01 Wrote: [ -> ]In my case, the add-on never generated strm/nfo files for the missing episodes during the refresh process. Let's say I refresh a channel and get 2 new videos but the channel actually uploaded 3 since the last update. And the missing one was actually uploaded in between of those two Confused

That stuff has happened to me too, just not that often though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10