Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart Playlists not finding content Xbox One X Kodi 18.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I am having issues using the Smart Playlists function. The context to this issue is that I am trying to have a separate main menu item for Movies and another for Stand-Up Comedy. To this end, I am using the Aeon Nox Silvo skin and have an external drive with two folders in its' root for the Movies and Stand-Up files. Using the path option and "starts with" for the Smart Playlist Rule, no content is found. This is despite them being indexed into the library and fully playable, the Movies are in folders with the name of the movie and the Stand-Up pieces are just in the Stand-Up Comedy Directory.

As is standard, please find attached the link to the logfile:
https://paste.kodi.tv/kepocedeya

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Xbox_One_User
(2020-05-27, 18:21)Xbox_One_User Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I am having issues using the Smart Playlists function. The context to this issue is that I am trying to have a separate main menu item for Movies and another for Stand-Up Comedy. To this end, I am using the Aeon Nox Silvo skin and have an external drive with two folders in its' root for the Movies and Stand-Up files. Using the path option and "starts with" for the Smart Playlist Rule, no content is found. This is despite them being indexed into the library and fully playable, the Movies are in folders with the name of the movie and the Stand-Up pieces are just in the Stand-Up Comedy Directory.

As is standard, please find attached the link to the logfile:
https://paste.kodi.tv/kepocedeya

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Xbox_One_User

As I raised in an earlier post the limitations of the xbox one version of Kodi being hamstrung by microsoft, really make it totally unsuitable for decent Kodi functionality. Its like a project thats been left to rot. No one is interested in driving forward its development because unlike something as cheap as a raspberry pi the xbox security just hamstrings it. So in essence thats why a £30 circuit board is able to function so much better than superior cutting edge hardware in this case.
@BUGGERLUGZ

Are you still having problems with the playlist? If yes, can you provide a screenshot of the edit screen of your playlist or if you know where the xml file is, paste the contents into a code box here.