Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New problem with skipping music and caching video -- LOG FILE included : )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! Longtime user and big fan of Kodi!
I really appreciate any help anyone is able to provide...
I've always enjoyed a relatively stable Kodi installation, but relatively recently (since being home more during all this terrible pandemic craziness) I've noticed a great deal of skipping/brief split second halts in music being played and caching of video.  
I've tinkered but haven't been able to eliminate the problem, and I'm at a loss.  I see some number of warnings and errors in the linked log, but I'm unclear on their meaning or if they're pertinent to my issues.

For the log I started Kodi, started an album, stopped it pretty much immediately after it began skipping/halting, and exited Kodi.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ixapobovij.kodi

Again, I really appreciate any help or insight anyone is able to provide... THANKS!
The log didn't have 'debug tuned on', that would be in settings>system>logging

Irregardless, you have a lot going on with extras scripts and add-ons, it's possible to have a conflict of one or more overlays. I don't want to point directly at START PlexKodiConnect but it would be a suspect. I did see a network issue "Failed: HTTP returned error 500 for https://" and in that a trans-code error. Ensure you don't have scanning or some background task working that might be stealing cycles. Might be good to utilize the Kodi keyboard monitors looking for bottlenecks and network fetch issues. 

Without the laborious task of elimination, I suggest setting up an independent portable installation of Kodi stable, without any extras, default skin and only one local source specified. Ensure it's functionality and with that success, adding each script testing it's functionality, until you have found the villain, then either continue on with the portable instillation or apply the knowledge learned back to your first install.
(2020-05-29, 06:44)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Might be good to utilize the Kodi keyboard monitors looking for bottlenecks and network fetch issues. 
Thank you for looking into it!
And ugh... yeah, so I'll enable debugging if I wind up posting another log... so sorry.
In the meantime I'll follow through on your trouble shooting suggestions.
One thing I'm not at all clear on though, the "Kodi keyboard monitors" you referenced? I'm not familiar with this terminology/tool... A quick Google didn't help me either... but anything that can help isolate bottlenecks and network issues sounds helpful!
Ctrl+⇧ Shift+O Keyboard controls (wiki) Additional info. E.g. bitrates, cache and skips/drops

Turning on debug 'silently is suggested' with an advancedsettings.xml and check out this Troubleshooting (wiki) for more information. I do believe the previous advice will likely bring the solve.
(2020-05-29, 18:35)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Ctrl+⇧ Shift+O Keyboard controls (wiki) Additional info. E.g. bitrates, cache and skips/drops

Turning on debug 'silently is suggested' with an advancedsettings.xml and check out this Troubleshooting (wiki) for more information. I do believe the previous advice will likely bring the solve.
You rock. Thanks!