Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting to have Kodi stop if paused for too long?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there a setting that have Kodi stop if paused for too long?  On my system, a screensaver is setup, but will not come on if in a paused state.  After some time out period, it would be cool if the player would go into a "stop" status (record the save point) and allow the screen saver to active.  Just wondering if this is implemented some where.
I don't know what the devs will say but I think that is actually a great idea, a timeout of sorts. I'd suggest you post that in the feature requests section. That being said, why not just stop in the first place? I mean Kodi saves watched status and position so it's avoidable I guess? I'm not sure.
There isn't such a settings, so I'll move this thread to the feature requests section (although it could also probably be done via an addon).
I was looking for the same thing. Neighbor came to the door and music was paused long enough to go to dim. I thought the tv was off when I came back and ended up turning the tv off. It not terrible but Kodi is about making your experience just the way you like it so I would love this feature or an addon.
I have this functionality built into my uPNP addon.  It allows you to select and auto stop a paused  video or music playback selectible in 5 minute increments up to 60 minutes.   You are welcome to try it without having a uPNP server.  You might get an error or two on startup but if it does what you want I could easily pull out this auto stop code into a a separate service addon. 

Here's the link to download from GitHub.  There are Kodi 18 and 19 versions.

If you install it go into the content Control settings tab and disable everything except the Pause Autostop Minutes setting. Set it to what you want.

Jeff
(2021-08-25, 03:18)jbinkley60 Wrote: [ -> ]I have this functionality built into my uPNP addon.  It allows you to select and auto stop a paused  video or music playback selectible in 5 minute increments up to 60 minutes.   You are welcome to try it without having a uPNP server.  You might get an error or two on startup but if it does what you want I could easily pull out this auto stop code into a a separate service addon. 

Here's the link to download from GitHub.  There are Kodi 18 and 19 versions.

If you install it go into the content Control settings tab and disable everything except the Pause Autostop Minutes setting. Set it to what you want.

Jeff
Thanks. I could not get it to work. It installed broken but I was able to get to settings. I had no option to change anything.
That is very odd.  I've never had any reports of folks having issues installing the addon nor being able to change the settings.  I don't suppose you can post a kodi.log file when you try to restart Kodi with the addon installed ? 

Jeff
(2020-05-29, 20:21)graysky Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a setting that have Kodi stop if paused for too long?  On my system, a screensaver is setup, but will not come on if in a paused state.  After some time out period, it would be cool if the player would go into a "stop" status (record the save point) and allow the screen saver to active.  Just wondering if this is implemented some where.
Unfortunately, no
I have been using a perfect addon called sleep for ages, but it is python2 (non kodi19).
As i find this basic media player functionality, i have been looking for a good alternative. No interest basically
I kinda miss my trusted sleep button that just stopped any playing stream after a defined period (or end of current file).
/Edit just noticed the v18 tag, if you run Leia you could still use the addon 'sleep'. Easy to find and works great
If I get some spare time I'll pull this code out of my addon into a simple separate addon which will do exactly what is being asked.  Maybe I can get it done in the next couple of weeks.  The code is actually pretty simple (I think Smile ).  I've got Kodi 18 and 19 versions.

Jeff
If you manage to put something together that works as closely as possible to the old-school tv sleep button (stop playback during play or pause after some number of minutes), that would be fantastic!

Cheers!
Here's the first release of what I call the Autostop addon for Kodi 19. 

Autostop addon

It has the following features:

- Autostop setting from 5 - 60 minutes in 5 minute intervals
- Automatically engage Kodi screensaver when stopping paused playback.

I haven't added a sleep timer yet.  Is this something where you would be Ok going into the addon settings and setting / disabling the sleep timer ?  If so, what type of window are you looking for (i.e. 0 - 60 minutes etc..) ?  Or are you looking for some time based timer where between time A and time B (i.e. 9PM and midnight) everyday and if something is playing you only want it to play for a specified period of time and then be stopped ?

Feedback welcome.  I ported this code in a couple of hours so it is unlikely perfect.

Thanks,

Jeff
please delete
I tried your addon, did not work.
Thanks for the effort anyway. Much appreciated.
For me personally, best would be anything that comes close to this, but surely not holding my breath Wink

https://github.com/robwebset/script.sleep
What specifically didn't work ?   It worked in my testing so can you please tell me how you tested it ?  One thing to note is that it currently checks the player status every 30 seconds so if, for example,  you set it for 5 minutes and it didn't stop exactly at 5 minutes it could take up to 30 seconds more.  I can turn that down to 10 seconds or even 1 second, if that is an issue. 

Jeff
I installed your addon posted above, started a stream and went into settings to set a duration of 15 minutes. Channel is still playing ATM Wink
I might have missed something, but going into an addon, go to settings is not the way I would want this to work anyway, just tested it to give some initial feedback. Cheers !
Pages: 1 2 3