Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xcode error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting this on my Xcode but don't know how to resolve it. My deb and ipa still work but how do I get rid of error in Xcode?

Details

Failed _shouldMakeReadyForDevelopment check even though device is not locked by passcode.
Domain: com.apple.platform.iphoneos
Code: 5
Failure Reason: allowsSecureServices: 1. isConnected: 0. Platform: <DVTPlatform:0x7f84ea511d10:'com.apple.platform.appletvos':<DVTFilePath:0x7f84ea5094b0:'/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform'>>. DTDKDeviceIdentifierIsIDID: 0
User Info: {
    DVTDeviceDescription = "\Ud83d\Udcf1<DVTiOSDevice (0x7f84f10bde00), Living Room, AppleTV, 13.4 (17L256), 3873f12b40c8f934b0299e1c36c8420caa7090d7>";
}
--

System Information

macOS Version 10.15.4 (Build 19E287)
Xcode 11.5 (16139)
Sorry this is on tvOS on apple tv load not iPhone.
if possible, connect ATV directly to your Mac with type-C cable. Otherwise after starting Xcode try disconnecting ATV from internet and connecting again.
(2020-05-31, 21:36)kambala Wrote: [ -> ]if possible, connect ATV directly to your Mac with type-C cable. Otherwise after starting Xcode try disconnecting ATV from internet and connecting again.

I have an Apple TV 4K which I connect over wifi. It doesn't have usb-c. I will try disconnecting and reconnect. Thanks
Did not work. I removed power from atv 4k and powered back on re-paired device and still same issue.
(2020-05-31, 21:36)kambala Wrote: [ -> ]if possible, connect ATV directly to your Mac with type-C cable. Otherwise after starting Xcode try disconnecting ATV from internet and connecting again.

Do you have any further suggestions. I have tried your idea and even unpaired and repair, disconnected power and reset Xcode. I am still getting the message which appears in the window for Devices/Simulators.
I see such error frequently on the command line, just ignore it
May have been the same issue I was having. I ended up tearing my hair out trying to get it fixed. In the end I think I ended up having to recreate all my certs/profiles on Dev portal and clearing out any remnants on my machine.
I also ended up buying a new machine, so I can't remember if it did get resolved in the end, haha. I'll grab my old laptop and have a look to see if I ever did get it fixed
I get the same error code on some Apple Tv 4Ks but it doesnt seem to stop anything working. I can still sideload and use apps.
from https://developer.apple.com/documentatio...ease-notes
Quote:Xcode 11 and 12 may fail to prepare a wirelessly connected iOS device for debugging with the error “Failed _shouldMakeReadyForDevelopment check”. Even if Xcode does prepare the device successfully, the Devices and Simulators window may continue to display stale errors for the device’s status. (61227501) (FB7649607)
Workaround: Keep the wirelessly connected iOS device unlocked while deploying or debugging an app on the device. Restart Xcode if you want to clear stale device preparation errors. Whenever possible, use a USB cable instead of a wireless connection between your Mac and iOS device.
Xcode 12.3 seems to have solved this:
Quote:Fixed an issue where Xcode could fail to prepare a wirelessly connected iOS device for debugging with the error “Failed _shouldMakeReadyForDevelopment check”. (61227501) (FB7649607)