Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Release 3.1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
31.05.2020 - Version 3.1.6
=======================
+ Further improve episode detection #824
+ added (internal) subtitle language information to the renamer tokens #855
+ added support for double digit stacking patterns (cd12, part12, ..)
+ (movie/TV show) better support for filtering movies by text (regular search, normalized search)
+ added zh_CN and zh_HK to scraper languages #885
x fixed writing of multiple tags (date_added and user_note) in the NFO file
x changed video codec HEVC/x265 to the more common name h265
x fixed occasional UI glitches where artwork did not change
x fixed occasional error messages when removing movies #857
x fixed TMDB fallbackLanguages parsing #861
x (movie) only provide ascending and descending sort order of table columns
x (movie/TV show) provide tags (in dropdown lists) in a sorted order
x (movie) do not move movie extras out of the "Extra(s)" folder upon renaming
x force closing of files after subtitle hash calculation
x (windows) call the default file manager rather than explorer.exe for opening folders
x do not automatically scroll down in the image chooser
x catch occasional hiccups in the trailer panel #864
x fixed layout of the movie settings panel
x fixed rescaling of the tasklist #892
x fixed special handling of discart with multi movie folders/disc images
(2020-05-31, 20:13)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]31.05.2020 - Version 3.1.6
=======================
x changed video codec HEVC/x265 to the more common name h265

I am no longer seeing an icon for h265 movies or tv shows on the detail page since updating to 3.1.6.  

Here is an example of the same movie in 3.1.5 and in 3.1.6
can confirm - will be changed in the next version
(2020-06-01, 08:03)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]can confirm - will be changed in the next version

Just noticed in my Aeon NOX Silvo skin that the H265 icon is missing with recent added movies.
You mention changing the codec from HEVC to h265, Is this something Silvo need to change/update to recognize the codec again?

Update: got a response from Silvo that it needs to be changed on TMM's end.
Would be great if your mentioned change includes this.
in theory tmm cannot influence kodi addons, BUT there is some corner case:

we write mediainfo data to the NFO which is read by Kodi as long as Kodi did not access this file (e.g. play it). When Kodi plays this file it reads its own mediainfo and gets the HEVC value from libmediainfo - but until then it relies on the data from the NFO where we had the workaround for our users.

the fix i mentioned above if just that I rename the filename to display in tmm, but for your problem I have to either revert the change or do anything else on NFO writing - let me think about that

EDIT: just had a look at the skin source and my source and example files: h264 is reported by mediainfo as AVC, but the skin has a file called h264.png on their side (https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...videocodec) - so there is already some workaround (like we have); but I did not find any hint that the skin does this - I suppose Kodi itself does that workaround Sad
(2020-06-07, 07:41)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]in theory tmm cannot influence kodi addons, BUT there is some corner case:

we write mediainfo data to the NFO which is read by Kodi as long as Kodi did not access this file (e.g. play it). When Kodi plays this file it reads its own mediainfo and gets the HEVC value from libmediainfo - but until then it relies on the data from the NFO where we had the workaround for our users.

the fix i mentioned above if just that I rename the filename to display in tmm, but for your problem I have to either revert the change or do anything else on NFO writing - let me think about that

EDIT: just had a look at the skin source and my source and example files: h264 is reported by mediainfo as AVC, but the skin has a file called h264.png on their side (https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...videocodec) - so there is already some workaround (like we have); but I did not find any hint that the skin does this - I suppose Kodi itself does that workaround Sad

Sorry, I lost you in the (edited) part. What does this mean? Why was the change of the codec name required in the first place?
Not criticizing but trying to understand it.

If I understood you correctly, the H264 codec is working and using the Silvo H264 png, but the h265 codec is not linked to the hevc png?
libmediainfo (the piece of code which analyzes your media files) is reporting avc for h264 and hevc for h265. Somehow avc is recognized in Kodi (and/or its skins) as h264 whereas hevc is not recognized as h265. I do not know where this mapping is, but we have added this mapping in tmm to be consistent - which has shown that we have broken some skins in Kodi :/

I will put a workaround in the NFO writing module to put hevc into the NFO and hope that the more common h265 will be recognized in Kodi/Skins soon Wink