Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Maze Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm releasing the first beta of a new addon that provides integration with TV Maze.

https://tvmaze.com

Please be aware that this addon uses some TV Maze API calls that require an annual subscription to TV Maze (the lowest level subscription is fine).  You can sign up for a free 30 day trial, but after that you would have to pay annually.

This is available in the main Kodi repo (Matrix as of July 2, the Leia version should be available in a few days).  I'll be adding a wiki page with better instructions once the Kodi system generates the blank wiki page for it.
  • support for context menu to manage show tags, show follows, and episode marks
  • support to manually tag and untag shows
  • support to manually follow and unfollow shows
  • support for marking episodes as acquired on Library import
  • support for adding shows as followed during import
  • support for marking episodes as watched after watching x% of the show or when deleted from library
Actually, I have been working on a similar project in contact with TVmaze guys: https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.tvmaze.scrobbler My addon uses only their freely available API endpoints (that work without a paid subscription) and seems to be simpler than yours (I've planned context menu items and other things for future versions) but does some things that your addon doesn't: performs initial authorization and obtains an API key, and pulls watched episodes from TVmaze and sets watched statuses in Kodi accordingly. Also my addon uses VideoLibrary.OnUpdate event to track watched status changes instead of monitoring playback progress (it works both for automatic and manual watched status changes). Maybe we can coordinate our efforts somehow? Honestly, I don't even mind that your addon will become the only implementation as long as it does what is described in my addon's Readme because those were the initial requirements from TVmaze. Just to be clear: my addon is just my free time side-project and I have no official obligations before TVmaze, although they initially approached me and asked if such addon can be made. I guess they will be glad to have a more feature-rich addon now and don't care who has created it.
(2020-07-03, 10:34)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I have been working on a similar project in contact with TVmaze guys: https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.tvmaze.scrobbler My addon uses only their freely available API endpoints (that work without a paid subscription) and seems to be simpler than yours (I've planned context menu items and other things for future versions) but does some things that your addon doesn't: performs initial authorization and obtains an API key, and pulls watched episodes from TVmaze and sets watched statuses in Kodi accordingly. Also my addon uses VideoLibrary.OnUpdate event to track watched status changes instead of monitoring playback progress (it works both for automatic and manual watched status changes). Maybe we can coordinate our efforts somehow? Honestly, I don't even mind that your addon will become the only implementation as long as it does what is described in my addon's Readme because those were the initial requirements from TVmaze. Just to be clear: my addon is just my free time side-project and I have no official obligations before TVmaze, although they initially approached me and asked if such addon can be made. I guess they will be glad to have a more feature-rich addon now and don't care who has created it.
The Matrix version is in the repo now, and I just submitted the Leia version this morning, but I love the idea of working together on this moving forward.  I was using TVMaze for something else related to NextPVR and wrote this mostly because I'd never done something that had context menus.  I don't know if my Github account lets me add collaborators (it's a free account), so I'm open to ideas on how to work together on it.  You can DM me here, and I'm also on the Slack python-external channel.
@pkscout GitHub has pretty good conditions for free accounts so you can add as much collaborators as you want. I'm romanvm on GitHub.
(2020-07-03, 10:34)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I have been working on a similar project in contact with TVmaze guys: https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.tvmaze.scrobbler My addon uses only their freely available API endpoints (that work without a paid subscription) and seems to be simpler than yours (I've planned context menu items and other things for future versions) but does some things that your addon doesn't: performs initial authorization and obtains an API key, and pulls watched episodes from TVmaze and sets watched statuses in Kodi accordingly. Also my addon uses VideoLibrary.OnUpdate event to track watched status changes instead of monitoring playback progress (it works both for automatic and manual watched status changes). Maybe we can coordinate our efforts somehow? Honestly, I don't even mind that your addon will become the only implementation as long as it does what is described in my addon's Readme because those were the initial requirements from TVmaze. Just to be clear: my addon is just my free time side-project and I have no official obligations before TVmaze, although they initially approached me and asked if such addon can be made. I guess they will be glad to have a more feature-rich addon now and don't care who has created it.
Is this "https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.tvmaze.scrobbler" the address I need to put in the File manager field to get the zip file for TV MAZE?
(2020-12-02, 18:22)lartomar2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this "https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.tvmaze.scrobbler" the address I need to put in the File manager field to get the zip file for TV MAZE?

Why on earth you need to do that? The scrobbler is currently available in the official repo.
Code:
2024-01-25 16:24:24.136 T:9076    error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: module 'kodi_six.xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvmaze.integration\service.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.tvmi import tvmMonitor
                                                     File "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvmaze.integration\resources\lib\tvmi.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.tvmisettings import loadSettings
                                                     File "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvmaze.integration\resources\lib\tvmisettings.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.kodisettings import *
                                                     File "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvmaze.integration\resources\lib\kodisettings.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                       ADDONDATAPATH = xbmc.translatePath( ADDON.getAddonInfo('profile') )
                                                   AttributeError: module 'kodi_six.xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

Any help?
(2024-01-26, 00:36)Havokdan Wrote: [ -> ]Any help?
Nope.  I can't do anything with a log snippet.  Please turn on debug logging in both Kodi and the addon (for the addon it's in the settings), recreate the issue, post the logs on a pastebin site, and then provide a link to the log you uploaded.
(2024-01-29, 12:32)Havokdan Wrote: [ -> ]Ok:

https://paste.kodi.tv/uqihujadin.kodi
Thanks.  There was a change to some of the Python bindings that were depreciated in earlier versions of Kodi buy removed in Nexus.  I thought I had pushed an update for that some time ago, but I apparently hadn't.  I did that now, and the update is just awaiting review by another team member before it can be merged.  Hopefully that won't take too long.
Now this:
Quote:2024-04-12 20:29:31.597 T:9440    error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'IndexError'>
                                                   Error Contents: list index out of range
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvmaze.integration\context.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                       tvmContext(sys.argv[1])
                                                     File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvmaze.integration\resources\lib\tvmi.py", line 199, in __init__
                                                       self._manage_show_mark(action)
                                                     File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvmaze.integration\resources\lib\tvmi.py", line 258, in _manage_show_mark
                                                       show_info = self._get_details_from_path(sys.listitem.getPath())
                                                     File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.tvmaze.integration\resources\lib\tvmi.py", line 214, in _get_details_from_path
                                                       showid = re.findall('tvshowid=(.*)', thepath)[0]
                                                   IndexError: list index out of range
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Sorry, I need a full debug log with the error to look into this.
It appears you have a banned repo installed (Chains).  Support can't be provided for Kodi installations with banned repos/addons.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_ru...ed_add-ons

After you resolve that, you also need to turn on debug logging in the addon as well and post a new log.
Pages: 1 2