Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible to "Update Season" rather than update whole show?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to update just a season instead of an entire show when running the "Update selected TV show(s)" command?

I have a show with 2500+ episodes with 2 new episodes each day, so when adding new eps the "Update selected TV show(s)" process takes a little while.

If that's not possible, is it maybe an option to add completed seasons to an ignore list so that "Update selected TV show(s)" skips those and goes straight to the active season? 

Thanks in advance.
A show is jut a folder on your storage device - it may be in a "mess", it may be not. But tmm needs to scan the whole folder and its children to analyze your TV show. There is no guarantee that your season files (episodes) are all together in the same folder (mess), so we just have to scan it all..

the big question would be, why this scanning takes a while - if you have almost everything already in tmm, tmm just needs to scan the folder (should be really fast except you are connected to the storage via wifi) and mediainfo is only needed for the following items
(2020-06-06, 07:50)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]A show is jut a folder on your storage device - it may be in a "mess", it may be not. But tmm needs to scan the whole folder and its children to analyze your TV show. There is no guarantee that your season files (episodes) are all together in the same folder (mess), so we just have to scan it all..

the big question would be, why this scanning takes a while - if you have almost everything already in tmm, tmm just needs to scan the folder (should be really fast except you are connected to the storage via wifi) and mediainfo is only needed for the following items

Thanks for the quick reply - I hadn't thought about that (the fact that a season may not be in a specific folder), cheers.

The updating (to display the unscanned new episodes) takes a little while only on shows with a large number of episodes (I have 2000+ shows) and the update is slow only on shows with 1000+ episodes per show.  The actual scanning itself is fast as usual.
may I could get a file listing of one of your big shows? something like 

Windows:
Code:

dir /b /s /a:-D > tvshow.txt

LInux/macOS
Code:

find . -type f > tvshow.txt

you can pm me this file afterwards