Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Review | Ugoos AM6 Plus Amlogic S922XJ TV Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2020-08-11, 16:43)ragico Wrote: [ -> ]After 2 months, since my first review, and 3 new firmwares, Dolby True Hd Atmos passtrough in kodi and vlc still does not work. If you choose atmos track you will get dead silence, no sound at all from your atmos Tv/soundbar.
I have complained with ugoos support but they seem deaf. Very disappointed.
Are you talking android or CoreELEC?

It works fine for CE for me I believe.
(2020-08-11, 20:06)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-11, 16:43)ragico Wrote: [ -> ]After 2 months, since my first review, and 3 new firmwares, Dolby True Hd Atmos passtrough in kodi and vlc still does not work. If you choose atmos track you will get dead silence, no sound at all from your atmos Tv/soundbar.
I have complained with ugoos support but they seem deaf. Very disappointed.
Are you talking android or CoreELEC?

It works fine for CE for me I believe.

I refer to android. In coreelec it works properly.
New firmware still not fixed problem with atmos?
(2020-09-07, 10:45)bl4ck Wrote: [ -> ]New firmware still not fixed problem with atmos?

Latest firmware is v.0.3.7 and atmos and dts-hd are not fixed yet.

Update.
Last firmware 0.40 allows HD audio passtrough in Kodi 19.
Also Mkv DV play trough Plex and Kodi 19 DV edition.
(2020-09-07, 12:15)ragico Wrote: [ -> ]Latest firmware is v.0.3.7 and atmos and dts-hd are not fixed yet.
Is TrueHD/DTX-HD MA passthrough working in v0.3.8?
Quote:5. Added support of not IEC HD audio passthrough formats
6. Fixed some problems of multichannel PCM audio
Also, compared to Nvidia Shield (red push, artifacts) and Firestick 4k (accurate), how is the Dolby Vision performance of the AM6 Plus?

If the HD audio passthrough was finally fixed and the DV performance is similar to the Firestick 4K, it might finally mean we have a device that can do everything at once.
Hello all,
I just bought this box and I am trying to get CE started from the TF/USB and I do not manage, not matter what I do.
I contacted Ugoos directly to ask if there was a specific way to boot the box from TF card or USB and I got advised that I need to use dualboot rom as there is no way to boot CE from TF or USB as the device is secured.
Has anyone had this before and know how to bypass? I have read in other forums that people have boot CE from TF card.
Thanks
(2021-05-14, 09:35)koivum Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,
I just bought this box and I am trying to get CE started from the TF/USB and I do not manage, not matter what I do.
I contacted Ugoos directly to ask if there was a specific way to boot the box from TF card or USB and I got advised that I need to use dualboot rom as there is no way to boot CE from TF or USB as the device is secured.
Has anyone had this before and know how to bypass? I have read in other forums that people have boot CE from TF card.
Thanks
Ugoos locked the bootloader with a firmware update a few months ago, so assuming you have this updated firmware what they are telling you is correct.

There is no way to bypass this once the bootloader is locked, although using the dualboot does work perfectly fine.

EDIT - it was ver 0.3.9 which included the encrypted bootloader, with no way to downgrade, see https://ugoos.com/rc-firmware-update-v0-...-x3-models
(2021-05-14, 09:59)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-14, 09:35)koivum Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,
Thanks
Ugoos locked the bootloader with a firmware update a few months ago, so assuming you have this updated firmware what they are telling you is correct.

There is no way to bypass this once the bootloader is locked, although using the dualboot does work perfectly fine.

EDIT - it was ver 0.3.9 which included the encrypted bootloader, with no way to downgrade, see https://ugoos.com/rc-firmware-update-v0-...-x3-models

Thanks for the info. I missed this before I bought it. I have indeed the latest firmware 0.3.9.1
Will go ahead and flash the dualboot.
@FXB78
@koivum

Is this confirmed that you can't boot through CoreELEC on SD after firmware 0.3.9?
(2021-07-05, 19:44)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]@FXB78
@koivum

Is this confirmed that you can't boot through CoreELEC on SD after firmware 0.3.9?
Yes. Ugoos locked the bootloader starting with that firmware version, and CoreELEC can't boot from SD Card on any device where the bootloader is locked.
(2021-07-05, 19:55)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
@koivum

Yes. Ugoos locked the bootloader starting with that firmware version, and CoreELEC can't boot from SD Card on any device where the bootloader is locked.

Thanks for the quick response,

One more clarification please...

Can I independently update both firmwares? (Android & CoreELEC) or should I stick to the official only?
OR
Can I update CoreELEC on my own?
(2021-07-06, 00:59)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-05, 19:55)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
@koivum

Can I independently update both firmwares? (Android & CoreELEC) or should I stick to the official only?
OR
The dual boot firmware creates two separate partitions so independently updating shouldn't be a problem. I've done Android OTA updates & CoreELEC updates without any problem. I've not tried flashing Ugoos firmware as I mainly use CoreELEC, so can't confirm that, but OTA Android is fine.
(2021-07-06, 01:06)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 00:59)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-05, 19:55)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Ugoos locked the bootloader starting with that firmware version, and CoreELEC can't boot from SD Card on any device where the bootloader is locked.

OR
The dual boot firmware creates two separate partitions so independently updating shouldn't be a problem. I've done Android OTA updates & CoreELEC updates without any problem. I've not tried flashing Ugoos firmware as I mainly use CoreELEC, so can't confirm that, but OTA Android is fine.

You mean you are not using Ugoos stock firmware?
(2021-07-06, 01:48)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 01:06)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 00:59)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response,

OR

I'm using stock Ugoos dual-boot firmware, it's the only way to use CoreELEC. But I'm using OTA updates for Android rather than flashing the updates, because I think doing that will reset CoreELEC to an old version.
(2021-07-06, 09:06)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 01:48)zeeya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-06, 01:06)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]The dual boot firmware creates two separate partitions so independently updating shouldn't be a problem. I've done Android OTA updates & CoreELEC updates without any problem. I've not tried flashing Ugoos firmware as I mainly use CoreELEC, so can't confirm that, but OTA Android is fine.

I'm using stock Ugoos dual-boot firmware, it's the only way to use CoreELEC. But I'm using OTA updates for Android rather than flashing the updates, because I think doing that will reset CoreELEC to an old version.
That means... you can update only Android through official OTA? How you are doing this? please elaborate...
Can the updates on dualboot CoreELEC done separately?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7