Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any box with DRM that can dual boot CE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for the best of both worlds, really prefer CE for my local content, but also need the ability to watch you tube tv, and Netflix 4k would be great.

Is there any box out there that fits these requirements in Android but also can dual boot CE?
(2020-06-07, 09:57)lightsout Wrote: [ -> ]Looking for the best of both worlds, really prefer CE for my local content, but also need the ability to watch you tube tv, and Netflix 4k would be great.

Is there any box out there that fits these requirements in Android but also can dual boot CE?

No - you're only options for full quality DRM content on ARM boxes are Android TV boxes like the nVidia Shield TV, the Apple TV 4K with MrMC (a fork of Kodi), and Amazon Fire TVs.  None of these are CoreElec. 

You can go for an Intel box with x86 and Windows for DRMed content and dual boot that into LibreElec (though HDR support is not really there yet in LibreElec/Linux (*)) or run Kodi under Windows.

(*) A few of us have got Gemini Lake boxes playing back HDR10 under LibreElec - but these are very early, expiremental builds and not ready for day-to-day use.
That's what I thought. That sucks, really prefer CE. Not really interested in going back to x86, the apps just aren't there.

And after going to an appliance type device like the shield my htpc is just too clunky.