Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Matricom Q Box will not recognize external video Hardrives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded my Q boxes to Kodi  18.7 and now they will not recognize any attached external Hard Drives.  Is it that the Q box is not powerful enough to achieve that.  It does not appear to be the program because it works perfectly fine on my I MAC  Any ideas from anyone   Is there a setting that I am missing.  When I go to files my external hard drives are not listed.
Moved thread to the Hardware section.
(2020-06-08, 05:23)Pelican#1 Wrote: [ -> ] Is it that the Q box is not powerful enough to achieve that.

The default power supply on a USB 2.0 port is some 500mA. So if you attach a big 3.5" drive, that's not likely to be enough.
You will either need an externally powered hub, or the drive is to be powered directly via its own adapter.
Especially when there is more than one attached.
all external hard drives have own power source.   They are Western Digital 3 and 4 TB
Okay. Which disk format do the harddrives have? NTFS, or something else?

If the drives come from a Windows PC, check them for disk errors, and also unmount/eject them properly.
Linux is rather picky with drives that are still in a suspend or hibernation state.