Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Takealug EPG Grabber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I would like to introduce my Addon for grabbing EPG data

Description:
This is an easy-to-use kodi addon which grabs epg data from various providers and creates a guide.xml from it.

Features:
  • High Speed Download + XML Creation (Multithreading Support for Linux)
  • Channel Selector
  • Enable / Disable EIT Genre Format
  • Enable / Disable Rytec Channel Format
  • Episodeformat onscreen / xmltv_ns
  • Adjustable days for EPG Grabbing
  • Build in Cron Feature
  • Adjustable save location for the EPG, also over the network
  • Write Guide directly in Tvheandend's xmltv.sock
  • Special Feature : Rating Mapper (Push Age / Starrating , Country, Year Season/Episode on top of the Description)

Quick start Guide:
  • Windows Only : Windows Defender add exclusion for realtimescan *.xml, *.json *.txt
  • Kodi --> Settings(Expertview) -->Media -->General "Allow file renaming and deletion"
  • Install addon.
  • Select storage path for the guide.xml
  • Activate provider.
  • Select channels.
  • Grab the epg manually (see if everything works)
  • Activate automatic grabbing.

Provider List:
  • -Magenta TV (DE)
  • TV Spielfilm (DE)
  • Swisscom (CH)
  • Horizon (DE,AT,CH,NL,PL,IE,GB,SK,CZ,HU,RO)
  • Zattoo (DE,CH,1und1TV,Quickline Mobil-TV,M-net TVplus,WALY.TV,Meine Welt unterwegs,BBV TV,VTX TV,myVision mobile TV,Glattvision+,SAK TV,Net TV,EWE TV App,Quantum TV,Salt TV,SWB TV App,eir TV)

My Repository can be downloaded here : Takealug Addon Repo

Github : DeBaschdi

-Of course, the channels of the individual providers can be mixed, in the end everything always comes in a guide.xml. The addon can also be installed on one or more clients and automatically copies the guide.xml via smb to a tv server, or saves it for local connection. If the client is out of the grabbing time during the set request, the addon will do this for the next boot. The grabbing process usually takes no longer than 1 to 2 minutes.

-The configuration files from sunsettrack4 (easyepg) are compatible with the addon. This means that new mapping variables (EIT genre + Rytec Chid's) can be sent there as a pull request. This also automatically benefits easyepg (of course the addon too)
Thank you !

I have tried your add-on and it works, there are only duplicate channels and after selecting all there is an error

Polish:

- Metro HD
- Fox HD
- TVP 3 Kraków
- TLC HD
- nSport + HD
- Comedy Central HD

half a million lines in xml 10 minutes, great result

Comedy Central Family is now Polsat Comedy Central Extra

[conclusions from a very quick test]
Hello buddy,
some providers offer an hd, as well as sd variant of their channels, for example, if you select rtl and rtl hd, it comes to the warning message that duplicates have been found, this is a feature Smile
Hello DeBaschdi,
I have tried your add-on and it works, but there are some channels where the grabber doesn't find anything. Do I have to change something in the guide.xml or is it possible that these channels are not supported because the channel name does not match the EPG dispay name? My EPG is needed for Austria and I can only create it with "TV Spielfilm (DE)" because unfortunately I don't have an account for the other providers.
Hallo
Ich bekomme es nicht ans Laufen.
Zeigt außer den Sendern nichts an.
Fire Tv Stick
ARM v7 rev 4 (v71)
Freier Speicher 267MB
IPTV Simple V. 20.13.0
EPG Provider. TV Spielfilm (De)
(Magenta und Zattoo und Horizont funktionieren bei mir gar nicht)
TV-Spielfilm auch nicht wirklich.
EPG-Speicherort: /storage/emulated/0/Download

Ich bekomme folgende Meldung

Warnungen gefunden, bitte überprüfe das Kodilog.
Finde aber keinen Logeintrag
Delete non-existent channels, then it should work again. And please use English only.