Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple TV 4K Kodi Matrix writable folder problem for library files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I installed the Kodi matrix on Apple TV 4K but addons can't write any folder and cant create folder or files(.strm). I have a Home folder and Inbox in the root. But I can't get into Inbox, also cant select. Inside the Home folder, I have Documents, Library, SystemData, and tmp folder. But also I can't get into and select these folders exclude tmp. Also, I can't create new folder inside the Home folder. I can only get into tmp folder and I can create a folder in tmp folder, but I don't want to use a temporary folder. Also addons cant creates anything inside tmp folder. 

Is this normal for non-jailbreak Apple TV 4K Kodi?
If I jailbreak Apple TV 4K, I will see all folders in Kodi?
Hi,
My device is not jailbroken and I have no problem to create new folder in Home profile folder.
But my Kodi 19 version is old. Maybe there is bug in latest nightly builds?
@Fuzzard, did you already have this issue?
(2020-06-18, 17:06)sy6sy2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
My device is not jailbroken and I have no problem to create new folder in Home profile folder.
But my Kodi 19 version is old. Maybe there is bug in latest nightly builds?
@Fuzzard, did you already have this issue?

I am always using the latest nightly build. Today installed kodi-20200616-1eed8f06-master-tvos version still same.
Can you get inside Documents or Library folders? I don't get inside these folders only the tmp folder. And when trying to create a folder inside the Home folder says "Couldn't create folder, Make sure the selected folder is writable and that the new folder name is valid." I tried different random folder names but not a success. I think the problem with write access.