Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Troubles with every streaming addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It seems the problem is with your Laptop/Windows/Network Connection somewhere as opposed to something Kodi is doing. This thread may help you but I'd suggest the fix will be outside of the Kodi software https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349670
(2020-08-06, 18:31)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the problem is with your Laptop/Windows/Network Connection somewhere as opposed to something Kodi is doing. This thread may help you but I'd suggest the fix will be outside of the Kodi software https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349670

I have no clues for where to search this problem... my laptop works fine. But my brother also with Kodi on another laptop has nevere encountered this issue I'm having
Ok I figured out something
I read an article about ISP and Kodi, and that my ISP could block it, so for a try I downloaded a VPN (Windscribe), and with it actived, I had't the crash to desktop error when trying to check the "Network" Tab in System Information.
I'm still unable to see any video from any source (Kodi just crash to desktop) but this is something
Someone could figure out what could be related?
(2020-08-11, 15:07)ildivincodino99 Wrote: [ -> ]I read an article about ISP and Kodi, and that my ISP could block it, so for a try I downloaded a VPN (Windscribe), and with it actived, I had't the crash to desktop error when trying to check the "Network" Tab in System Information.

There is a reason for ISP blockages, and Team Kodi is not going to intervene in them. Hence the VPN Policy (wiki) that is active on our forum.
Kodi runs fine without a VPN, so whatever problems with addons/streams you have in that direction, it's not our problem.
(2020-08-11, 15:07)ildivincodino99 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I figured out something
I read an article about ISP and Kodi, and that my ISP could block it, so for a try I downloaded a VPN (Windscribe), and with it actived, I had't the crash to desktop error when trying to check the "Network" Tab in System Information.
I'm still unable to see any video from any source (Kodi just crash to desktop) but this is something
No, your ISP doesn't block the Kodi software, they will block some piracy links which can be played in Kodi, but the same links could also be played in VLC or any other Media Player. The article you read most likely wants to sell you a VPN for piracy content.

All I can suggest is turning off your router for a couple of hours or overnight and see if that fixes your network issues.
(2020-08-11, 15:21)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
No, your ISP doesn't block the Kodi software, they will block some piracy links which can be played in Kodi, but the same links could also be played in VLC or any other Media Player. The article you read most likely wants to sell you a VPN for piracy content.

All I can suggest is turning off your router for a couple of hours or overnight and see if that fixes your network issues.

I don't know, the video I want to use are like italian weather forecast and news channels, and for sure they aren't pirated, because they are free on they rispective sites, so I'm not using illegal streaming addon and I can't see a thing, no, I'm using LEGAL streaming addons but still I can't see anything, because EVERY video istantly makes Kodi crash and close
The problem I have is with EVERY streaming addon (yep I also tried an illegal one just to verify it was not the problem of the other 30 legal addons, but still did not worked), and I suppose it is something about Internet on my PC...
Does someone knows if Hamachi (that I use for hosting servers with friends on Minecraft, but it is turn off now and every time I run Kodi) interfere somehow with Kodi?
(2020-08-11, 15:14)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-11, 15:07)ildivincodino99 Wrote: [ -> ]I read an article about ISP and Kodi, and that my ISP could block it, so for a try I downloaded a VPN (Windscribe), and with it actived, I had't the crash to desktop error when trying to check the "Network" Tab in System Information.

There is a reason for ISP blockages, and Team Kodi is not going to intervene in them. Hence the VPN Policy (wiki) that is active on our forum.
Kodi runs fine without a VPN, so whatever problems with addons/streams you have in that direction, it's not our problem.

I perfectly know that kodi works fine w/o a VPN, because I used w/o it lol
But can you explaine why if I check the network tab with the vpn on kodi does not crash but if I do the same without VPN Kodi istantly crash?
Just fyi....

msftncsi is used to check internet connectivity 

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/7d6f7f...#L945-L957

(2020-08-11, 17:50)ildivincodino99 Wrote: [ -> ]But can you explaine why if I check the network tab with the vpn on kodi does not crash but if I do the same without VPN Kodi istantly crash?
Because something is fucked up on your machine. As a very large amount of users of your community is using Kodi on Windows machines without any kind of a problem. If you have any problems because you tried to fiddle around with a VPN, then it's up to you to solve that as we don't give VPN related support in here. See the policy linked above
(2020-08-11, 17:50)ildivincodino99 Wrote: [ -> ]But can you explaine why if I check the network tab with the vpn on kodi does not crash but if I do the same without VPN Kodi istantly crash?

No.
(2020-08-11, 18:03)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]Just fyi....

Because something is fucked up on your machine. As a very large amount of users of your community is using Kodi on Windows machines without any kind of a problem. If you have any problems because you tried to fiddle around with a VPN, then it's up to you to solve that as we don't give VPN related support in here. See the policy linked above

No, I didnt fucked my machine with VPN because i never used them before now
The only thing that could have fucked my pc it is a harmful software that my university said we had to use it for not cheating, and this software during an exam prevents several tasks for pc, such alt+tab and so on, and also all the PC, and i dont know if it changes some registry keys.
I just don't know, I downloaded last windows 10 update, where was also involved a .net framework update i think, and now kodi works fine...
Somebody can explaine this bizarre behaviour? If Kodi depends by .net Framework so if there'll be other problems in future I can do it myself?
(2020-08-11, 17:41)ildivincodino99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-11, 15:21)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know, the video I want to use are like italian weather forecast and news channels, and for sure they aren't pirated, because they are free on they rispective sites, so I'm not using illegal streaming addon and I can't see a thing, no, I'm using LEGAL streaming addons but still I can't see anything, because EVERY video istantly makes Kodi crash and close
I know you are trying to watch news channels, the point I was making was that the video you watched saying ISP's ban the Kodi software was completely inaccurate.
(2020-08-11, 18:21)ildivincodino99 Wrote: [ -> ]

The only thing that could have fucked my pc it is a harmful software that my university said we had to use it for not cheating, and this software during an exam prevents several tasks for pc, such alt+tab and so on, and also all the PC, and i dont know if it changes some registry keys.
So you're using a locked-down PC provided by your University? Perhaps they are blacklisting the Kodi software & other third-party software that doesn't relate to your studies. There's not much we can do about that.
(2020-08-13, 13:13)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-11, 18:21)ildivincodino99 Wrote: [ -> ]

So you're using a locked-down PC provided by your University? Perhaps they are blacklisting the Kodi software & other third-party software that doesn't relate to your studies. There's not much we can do about that.

No, it's my personal pc where I installed this software
Well it does not matter now, i don't really know why kodi now works fine after a Win10 update
Pages: 1 2 3