Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fullscreen playback goes black in 10 seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I disagree, the current way allows you to quickly toggle between behaviour with a simple I button press, personally I don't want to be having to go to settings to change it.
(2020-06-20, 08:59)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree, the current way allows you to quickly toggle between behaviour with a simple I button press, personally I don't want to be having to go to settings to change it.
Supporting both is not difficult. The benefit of a setting is that when browsing settings there's a way to discover this behaviour in the UI proper - something many of us would say produces good UX.
And, with Kodi 19.4 on Linux Mint 21, not even the `I` trick works. The track info disappears after 10 seconds. Pressing `I` makes it appear, but it doesn't stay.

Useless. I have a feeling I will have, in time to look into writing a Jukebox visualiser, something that acts as a visualiser and shows the album covers and track info of what is playing.
You could try adding an advancedsettings.xml file to solve this problem.
You can use any text editor to create the file, I'm not familiar with Mint so don't know what text editors are available but one must be included with the standard Mint build.
The file just needs to include the following text:
<advancedsettings>
  <!-- Stop Music OSD from disappearing for 2 hours -->
  <songinfoduration>7200</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

On CoreELEC, which has a Linux foundation so is probably similar to Mint, the file needs to be added to the STORAGE/.kodi/userdata/ directory. Note that .kodi is a hidden directory so make sure that the file manager you use has a switch to make hidden files and directories visible and available.
Restart Kodi once you've added the file to the correct location and you should find that the track info once displayed stays there until you stop the music playing.

--
JB
It shouldn't be any different on Linux Mint, works ok on LE so its not a general Linux thing.
Pages: 1 2