Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie scraping but missing random files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning,

So I know this is usually a naming convention but I'm not new to this and I can't figure it out.

Some files just refuse to scrape.

I've tried
The Movie Database scraoer
The Movie Database Python Scraper
And Universal Movie Scraper.

Universal movie scraper does recognise a couple more but then omits others.

An example would be the Skywalker Saga.

So the scrapers recognise most of the films and they are all named

Star.Wars.Episode.II.Attack.of.the.Clones.2002.Mkv

For example. All exactly the same. But for eg, this one - ep 2 - won't scan.
How can it recognise the other episodes all using the same naming convention but not this one.

Paranormal activity 2.mkv

Is another. I mean, it doesn't get the wrong film, it steadfast refuses to find anything. Surely I should get something even if it was the wrong movie?

Anyone see anything I'm missing?
(2020-06-24, 10:23)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone see anything I'm missing?
I do. A Debug Log Wink

But check item 1d here first... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
(2020-06-24, 10:44)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-24, 10:23)James_liv Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone see anything I'm missing?
I do. A Debug Log Wink

But check item 1d here first... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

Morning,

Yeah, I've read the guide and understand about naming conventions. I've been using kodi for years.

I'll post a debug log later as I'm at work. I was just wondering if I'd missed something. Dreamgirls (2006).mkv is another one it's not scanning. It's one word, how can it possibley be wrong.

Regards
One way it could be wrong is 1d from the link @Karellen posted.
Clearly you haven't even checked how he is trying to help you, because you were not declaring your setting with that regards in your response.

...and both your example naming convention scrapes for me both with the default tmdb scraper and Universal Movie Scraper too.
(2020-06-24, 12:32)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]One way it could be wrong is 1d from the link @Karellen posted.
Clearly you haven't even checked how he is trying to help you, because you were not declaring your setting with that regards in your response.

...and both your example naming convention scrapes for me both with the default tmdb scraper and Universal Movie Scraper too.

I'm so sorry, I skim read the response and you were both bang on the money!
That fixed the issue for me! You beautiful people.

Thank you so much once again.