Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Letting Kodi generate meta data?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have always been using different Media Managers to generate metadata for movies and series but now Im thinking about trying out the auto generation in Kodi. There is however a couple of questions I could not find in the Wiki NFO files page.

If I am using a central MySQL service, how will this work with 2-3 Kodi clients where each one will try to scrape for meta data? Will they save everything to the MySQL database, even images? And if it would match a item wrong, how do I correct it?
(2020-06-30, 19:25)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]If I am using a central MySQL service, how will this work with 2-3 Kodi clients where each one will try to scrape for meta data? Will they save everything to the MySQL database, even images?

Once all Kodi clients have been connected properly, each of the Kodi clients will be able to scrape for new content in the sources.
The metadata of the scraped content will be stored in the video database, for images only the URLs to their internet location will be stored.
Each Kodi client also has a local database that checks if the cache of thumbnails, posters, et cetera is uptodate.
If necessary, each Kodi client will download the related fanart into its cache.

(2020-06-30, 19:25)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]And if it would match a item wrong, how do I correct it?
That will not differ when you use a local database or a centralized database.
You can refresh the metadata of a movie or a tvshow/episode manually, and then select the correct entry.