Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Win64 build inputstream.ffmpegdirect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to create a debug version of this addon is there are trick to creating it in Windows? 

On configuration of ffmpeg I get

ERROR: libxml-2.0 not found using pkg-config

I have tried putting libxml-2.0.pc in various locations other than the one that the scripts install and it does show up with pkg-config --list-all when I run in a msys shell

This is using cmake and also with the basic make-addons package inputstream.ffmpegdirect I know Jenkins can do it so I must be missing a dependency. 

Alternatively there seems to be a way to use the Kodi built library but I have tried to use cmake with the two options with no success.

Martin
(2020-07-01, 00:08)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to create a debug version of this addon is there are trick to creating it in Windows? 

On configuration of ffmpeg I get

ERROR: libxml-2.0 not found using pkg-config

I have tried putting libxml-2.0.pc in various locations other than the one that the scripts install and it does show up with pkg-config --list-all when I run in a msys shell

This is using cmake and also with the basic make-addons package inputstream.ffmpegdirect I know Jenkins can do it so I must be missing a dependency. 

Alternatively there seems to be a way to use the Kodi built library but I have tried to use cmake with the two options with no success.

Martin
Don't know if you ever got to the bottom of this but the following worked for me. Using the generated visual studio projects resulted in the error you describe above however the Azure Pipelines is used to build Windows binaries. From there I could see that the command used to build is (from the inputstreams.ffmpegdirect\build directory):
Code:
cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=inputstream.ffmpegdirect -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=../.. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DADDONS_DEFINITION_DIR=./definition -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../xbmc/build/addons -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 ../../xbmc/cmake/addons

followed by:
Code:
cmake --build . --config Release --target inputstream.ffmpegdirect

(obviously this is for a Release build)

Hope that helps.

Peter
@peadarjc I did finally figure it out but the error was misleading.   I haven't tried for quite a while but the issue turned out to be downloading all the dependencies. Inevitably one would fail for one reason or other.  Changing the process to d/l using curl helped but wasn't perfect so I manually gathered the files and changed the script to use local files for building.

Martin