Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No recording options in Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've tried searching for an answer but to no avail, I don't have the option to record in Kodi, either directly from the current program or via the guide. The guide shows no options to record or add a timer, from the current program it shows the record icon but does nothing. Am using the default skin (have tried some other random skins). I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, a point in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

DVBViewer Media Server 2.1.6.1
Kodi Client 3.7.11
Kodi 18.7
Win10 (64)
You are connecting with guest privileges.
(2020-07-08, 10:56)manül Wrote: [ -> ]You are connecting with guest privileges.

Thanks, checked settings and 'read only guest access' in server web settings is not enabled. I triple checked credentials in both Kodi client & server, definately exactly the same but still no luck. Even went back and ran the server wizard again. Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks
(2020-07-08, 15:57)Ricky4001 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks, checked settings and 'read only guest access' in server web settings is not enabled. I triple checked credentials in both Kodi client & server, definately exactly the same but still no luck. Even went back and ran the server wizard again. Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks
Have you added/created a path for where the recordings go? from web,  config,recording,digital video recorder profiles
(2020-07-08, 17:44)bubblegum57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-08, 15:57)Ricky4001 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks
Have you added/created a path for where the recordings go? from web,  config,recording,digital video recorder profiles

Absolutely, first thing I did. I'll admit this one's got me stumped. Have temporarily switched back over to TV Mosaic to keep the wife happy! DBV Viewer server rock solid though when it comes to startup/shutdown and channel switching is nice and fast,m so really want to get this nutted out if I can, must be something simple for sure.
Hi guys, posting a link to a screenshot of my settings used as still having trouble with being able to record, if anyone can see something I am missing would be truly appreciated.

https://www.screencast.com/t/dKcM7HTzEFU
Try disabling user/pass both in DMS and Kodi. If it still does not work post a debug log.
(2020-07-11, 22:59)manül Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling user/pass both in DMS and Kodi. If it still does not work post a debug log.

No luck I'm afraid, have tried every combination I can think of, at the moment both client/server have no username/password. If I switch back over to TV Mosaic no problems at all, can record and delete. I believe you're 100% on the money with the guest rights as when I try to delete a recording (done from directly withing DVB Viewer), it throws up the message "PVR is running with guest permissions", only they're not set. Please see log: gurasamizi.kodi (paste)

Cheers, the help is very much appreciated.
SOLVED! I appologise to all who tried to help but I'm an idiot, I had the 'Basic' version of the dvb media server installed rather than the full version. I'd presumed that adding the licence key would simply unlock the full version.

Thanks again.