Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: One device??? like android TV box for media server without Nas or server computer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-Only for watching movies on my old FHD TV, 
-No need Wifi and no access to media server from phone or tablet.
-No need transcoding.
-I need giga ethernet port to transfer files to the media server from my desktop PC
-Fast booting time to watch movies.   a device with sleep mode? So it could be awaken and sleep easily with remote controller power button.
-Low power consumption.

For my 70 yr mom
I want to build a media library system with meta data info like Plex server.
for now, I transfer movies into usb memory 16GB on my PC and put it in a slot of a set-top box limited in Codec and subtitle performance by The TV.
so I've planed to build the system with big storage, easy transferring and decent play without any problem like leg, codec, subtitle and errors
Any advice?

I searched for things.
People seems to use two devices at least, Android Tv box as client + server computer like Nas, Odroid HC2 or ITX computer.
Also I found Odroid HC as server and Odroid C2 or C4 as Tv box to run Kodi.

-Can it be possible to use only one device with giga ethernet and SATA3 or USB to store data and play on Tv?  like Mi box s, A95X MAX Tv box  or Odroid C4 single board computer.
They meet the conditions. (I possibly will reuse my 3.5" 1TB HDD in my PC)

-if so, Any problems? like stuttering, temperature issue or shortening HDD life??

First I thought synology DS120J or WD my cloud home and Any android box like shield TV or Mi box s.
And then, I found Odroid kits.
Now I am not sure what is the best way without 'Too much' and 'Too little'

Thanks for reading guys.
OP has found his solution and considers this thread solved.
Thread marked solved.