Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on the front end and two different DVR's on the backend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use Kodi to watch and manage all my video recordings from my OTA HDHomeRun DVR. Of the latter, its conflict management of scheduling recordings is very, very weak. I understand Plex DVR handles it much better. I want to keep Kodi as my front-end, but wondered if anyone ever tried using HDHomeRun's DVR alongside with Plex's DVR.

In other words I was wondering if a person could use the HDHomerun DVR service and the the Plex DVR service on the same hardware device (NAS in my case)? I would like to try the Plex DVR service and see if its conflict management works well. My HDHomeRun subscription expires in the fall. I'll either like it or I won't and if not I will stay with what I have now which is the HDHomeRun service.

I would not try to record the same programs on both, but would opt to record a single show on the Plex DVR at a free time from when the HDHomerun service is "not" recording. I would run Plex server portion on the same NAS as my HDHomerun DVR.

Anyone ever try this? I wasn't sure where to post this question exactly, but as I use an Android TV opted to try here. I know Plex and HDHomeRun both have front-ends, but I have configured Kodi to where I am very comfortable with it. I watch and manage everything through it. I use the DVR recording feature of HDHomeRun solely for recording and those recordings are moved to another NAS when I opt to start watching them through Kodi.