Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Solved] Libreelec freezes when pass over MUSIC main menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

I run Libreelec on a RPi2 with directly connected an USB HDD and ,new, an NFS wired connection to a USB HDD connected on the router.
I move the cursor in the main menu with up button, I don't press enter. Selected are: Movie, setup, Video, Photo, then Music => freezes before I press enter button
All other selected items are working fine.
When freezes, I can't move the cursor but I can ssh.
All my music is on the nfs share. As it is a new connection, I think this is the culprit but can't find why.
For info, I can mount the nfs share on my linux computer, working fine.

See log: here

Thank you for your help

Edit: Solution is in the 2 last posts. Thank you black_eagle
Edit:
After reboot then after around 2 mn I get this message in the log
 NFS is idle. Closing the remaining connections.

Moreover when I boot without Ethernet connection I don't have the issue.
Try to set the "wait for network" option at the libreelec settings and see if that fixes something
(2020-07-27, 00:31)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]Try to set the "wait for network" option at the libreelec settings and see if that fixes something

This is the setup I have with 15s timeout.
Some tries:
  1. Boot with Eth cable, when menu is steady, wait 5s then move on Music => freezes
  2. Boot with Eth cable, when menu is steady, wait 2 full mn then move on Music => run fine
  3. Boot without Eth cable, when menu is steady, connect Eth cable, wait 5s then move on Music => run fine
When I boot with Eth cable I can see with ssh the lines
2020-07-27 08:45:57.992 T:1936777792  NOTICE: Running the application...
2020-07-27 08:47:36.605 T:1936777792  NOTICE: NFS is idle. Closing the remaining connections.

So 99s after the start of Kodi
I'll try to find more relation between these events

Is there a way to see the log in real time with ssh?
BTW, how to post few codes lines in the post?
Sorry to reply but not edit.
Learning step...

I found it
tail -f /path/to/log
First I want to correct my Kodi version: LibreElec 9.2.3 / Kodi  18.7.1

I removed the 2 music sources (nfs) and added one locally (storage).
The issue is still the same... freezes when the cursor pass over Music menu. In fact, if I quickly press down several times, the issue occurs when the cursor pass over Music but the freeze less than a second later and the cursor is over the next menu, Music Video.

When I clean up the music library, on ssh I see after 2 groups of ID list then I get
2020-07-27 13:35:45.385 T:1674494848    INFO: AddOnLog: SFTP support: SFTPSession: Creating new session on host '192.168.1.1:22' with user 'root'
and freezes.
Is there a link between cleaning the library and a new SFTP session with the router?
I just checked that my router doesn't have any installed SFTP package. Should I install it?

After browsing in the different menus (not Music) few minutes working fine, I passed again over Music and got
2020-07-27 14:03:45.552 T:1559012224    INFO: AddOnLog: SFTP support: SFTPSession: Creating new session on host '192.168.1.1:22' with user 'root'
and freezes again
Anybody could explain this SFTP session?
So far I can't reach/play my new local music.

Edit: To add that I had previously all my sources connected to remote router with SFTP. As I change the protocol, I removed SFTP from the router and in Kodi. Now I don't have any SFTP source.
Have you disabled the vfs.sftp addon as well as removing the source ?
(2020-07-28, 13:25)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Have you disabled the vfs.sftp addon as well as removing the source ?

You made my day!
Deactivated was good but I removed the SFTP add-on and reboot.
Everything is working fine now!

Thank you a million.
Glad its sorted for you Smile
Thread marked solved.