Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Asustor NAS and latest Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I use Kodi v17.6 on an Asustor AS6204T NAS system. This was the last version supplied and supported by Asus and I regularly receive a pop up message advising that Kodi 18.6 stable is available. Has anyone successfully installed a later version of Kodi on an Asustor NAS drive?

If yes, then where can I download the latest apk files to install on my Asustor NAS?

Thanks and regards
If you just need generic Android apk files for it, then you can get them from our mirrors.

However if there's anything specific for the Asustor then you'd need to contact Asus about it, or whoever in their community who looks after such things. We do not directly produce versions for specific devices like NAS's beyond the generic versions.
(2020-07-31, 11:25)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]If you just need generic Android apk files for it, then you can get them from our mirrors.

However if there's anything specific for the Asustor then you'd need to contact Asus about it, or whoever in their community who looks after such things. We do not directly produce versions for specific devices like NAS's beyond the generic versions.
Hello Darren,
Asus stopped new Kodi releases and support for their NAS drives at v17.6. I tried installing latest apk files from Kodi (v18.8 down to v18.1), which all resulted in "Unable to upload. File format is invalid for ADM 2.0. (Ref. 5041)". Searched on an Asustor forum site and found a v18.0 that works. I'll stick with this version and try v19 when its released.
Thanks for your advice.
Thread marked solved.