Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Atmos file organization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering about best practices for organizing Atmos files. I have been placing them in a separate folder but they have become almost common place. I also try to append (Atmos) to the FILE name..(source not set to files same as folder name).

Not that everyone's confused...how do you handle Atmos files?

1) Separate folder
2) append file name
3) append folder name (change source settings to -- file is same name as folder name)
4) store like normal files (do nothing special)

I'm finding duplicate titles (not duplicate files) in my movie folder and Atmos folder and this might get worse as more titles become available in Atmos.

Thanks..
(2020-08-01, 16:35)Wingfat Wrote: [ -> ]organizing Atmos files. I have been placing them in a separate folder
That's how I would handle it; if Atmos was something I look forward to and have the equipment for; but alas I do not. I look at this the same way I treat 3D versions, with either a rename or extension to the title, then smart playlist or node my way into the teasing out the titles. Dups are a no-no in my library, regulated to the 'extras folder' or renamed to distinguish why I have more than one video. It's a dilemma that over time will likely find a solution should there be enough interested users.

I note Kodi does see the various types of audio codecs, and suspect it's just going to be a matter of time, effort and energy befor #4 is in common usage.