Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] 5.1 Analog Output (6 Channel Discrete, not mirrored) Option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
No, we are still in a feature freeze http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
You mean that we need to wait that feature for about a year?
Nah the feature freeze will end when Atlantis is released, sometime this month (if everything goes according to the schedule)
But the problem is that the roadmap for the next version of xbmc does not show anything regarding 5.1 analogue output Sad
I think the feature request for 5.1 analog out is tagged for 9.04 though if you look it up.
That could be possible, but I cant find anything on the roadmap Wink

I hope this will be integrated some day Nod
Thank you very much. This is more detailed.

Now I am happy and looking forward to april 2009 Nod
Any news on this, Is it going to fixed soon, I have a high end sound card (LynxTWO-B) doing a very nice job at 5.1 analog would be a shame not to use it.
elupus Wrote:you need to comment out stuff in a few places actually. dts/ac3/aac decoder and alsa audio rendererer.

Is there instructions for this anywhere?
One thing I found working, for Windows, is if you have an X-Fi soundcard and use the internal Dolby and DTS decoders.
You can set XBMC to output digitally, that gets intercepted by the X-Fi that decodes the stream and outputs it correctly on the 6 analogue outs. Smile
Can we make the same thing in Linux? Any one knows?
Is this already working in the latest SVN('ns)?
The last thing I heard is that you can enable it in some XML file, but the output would be mixed up (so you hear the left from behind etc).
Yeah the channel mapping is still off on windows, except oddly for 6channel FLAC output which is perfect? but I think that's actually a bug (please no-one fix it lol) because 6channel FLAC also isn't correctly downmixed to stereo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4