Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to export movie list to a readable file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have what I think is a simple request. How do I export my movie list into a file I can actually read? Like something I can read on a notepad or in Excel.
I do not need it for import purposes.
Everything I have searched only gives me results for backup or import purposes into unreadable file formats.
Kodi is not designed to export to different formats, so you will need to conduct the export directly from the database. Hopefully you know a bit about databases.

Install the SQLBrowser... https://sqlitebrowser.org/
Open the database
Select File>Export>Tables as CSV File

Then open your export in Excel.
(2020-08-06, 20:57)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi is not designed to export to different formats, so you will need to conduct the export directly from the database. Hopefully you know a bit about databases.

Install the SQLBrowser... https://sqlitebrowser.org/
Open the database
Select File>Export>Tables as CSV File

Then open your export in Excel.
No, I don't know anything about databases.
I installed the program and tried to open the XML file that was exported from Kodi, but keep getting an error.
Reason: Invalid file format
(2020-08-07, 01:58)RVD26 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the program and tried to open the XML file that was exported from Kodi
That is not the database. The database is located in your Userdata (wiki) folder and is named MyVideos116.db if you are using v18
See Databases (wiki)

(2020-08-07, 01:58)RVD26 Wrote: [ -> ]No, I don't know anything about databases.
Ok. Best that when you find the database, you copy it to your desktop and use that to play with so you don't damage the original one.
(2020-08-07, 02:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-07, 01:58)RVD26 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the program and tried to open the XML file that was exported from Kodi
That is not the database. The database is located in your Userdata (wiki) folder and is named MyVideos116.db if you are using v18
See Databases (wiki)
(2020-08-07, 01:58)RVD26 Wrote: [ -> ]No, I don't know anything about databases.
Ok. Best that when you find the database, you copy it to your desktop and use that to play with so you don't damage the original one.

I found the database folder, but it is named MyVideos99.db
My Kodi version is 18.8 (at least it says that when it starts up).
How do I update the database file?
(2020-08-07, 04:19)RVD26 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the database folder, but it is named MyVideos99.db
MyVideos99 is from v16. If you are running v18.8 and you simply updated instead of installing fresh, then Kodi would have automatically updated all your databases. It must be there, otherwise you have Kodi installed in another location.

If you provide me a Debug Log I can tell you where it is.
(2020-08-07, 05:09)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-07, 04:19)RVD26 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the database folder, but it is named MyVideos99.db
MyVideos99 is from v16. If you are running v18.8 and you simply updated instead of installing fresh, then Kodi would have automatically updated all your databases. It must be there, otherwise you have Kodi installed in another location.

If you provide me a Debug Log I can tell you where it is.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ojebexoxuf
Thanks.

Your databases should be located in C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\

If you look at line 504 of your log, it shows: Running database version MyVideos116
(2020-08-08, 00:17)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.

Your databases should be located in C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\

If you look at line 504 of your log, it shows: Running database version MyVideos116
It still says MyVideos99.db in the Windows location
Provide a screenshot of that folder in Explorer so I can see the path in the address bar as well as the contents of the folder

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
(2020-08-08, 00:31)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Provide a screenshot of that folder in Explorer so I can see the path in the address bar as well as the contents of the folder

If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
I literally just copied the link you provided into Windows explorer.
It is the correct path, if that is what you're trying to confirm.
(2020-08-08, 00:31)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Provide a screenshot of that folder in Explorer so I can see the path in the address bar as well as the contents of the folder

Thanks, that helps, another quick look at your log and I spotted some conflicting paths.

Which version of v18.8 are you using? Is it from the Microsoft Store or did you download the .exe from our site and install it? It looks like you have/had both.

Could you right click on the Windows button
Select Run
Type this into the box and Enter...
xml:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
Check the Database folder there. Is it using MyVideos116.db?
Or are you now using portable mode?
(2020-08-08, 02:20)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that helps, another quick look at your log and I spotted some conflicting paths.

Which version of v18.8 are you using? Is it from the Microsoft Store or did you download the .exe from our site and install it? It looks like you have/had both.

Could you right click on the Windows button
Select Run
Type this into the box and Enter...
xml:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
Check the Database folder there. Is it using MyVideos116.db?
I'm pretty sure I originally downloaded Kodi from here.
It's updated on its own over the years.

I checked the database folder and I see MyVideos116.db along with MyVideos99.db and MyVideos107.db
Pages: 1 2