Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rapier changes possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been playing with the skin for a few days and I will admit I like most of the features.  A couple questions since this will be on the family entertainment system and I want to make it as fool proof as possible for those users.

Is there a way to disable all the topics (menus, sliders, headings or what ever they are called as I am not sure what they are called) other than music, pictured movies and tv shows?  The others would be just for me and setting and changing things.

Also at the top of the video wall the menus cover the tops of the movie poster.  Is there a way to disable that?  move the movie wall down as I am using custom posters and want to see the top unobstructed as I am kinda OCD on things like this.  Here is an internet pic of it and not mine.

@badbones

Your image is not visible.

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
hmm..It shows fine on my end and I used a public website link...Anyhow I have posted below from my pc..hope it worked

Probably because the image is cached in your browser. Try another browser and it won't work.

In Skin Settings>General, select Hide Top Options Menu Bar.

Also Exodus is banned from this forum. Please remove it from your system if you need support here again.
Karellen,

That was it for the top menu.  thank you.

As for the exodus, I had no idea what you referred to and then I looked at the picture.  It is not on my system as I pulled that pic from then internet to show what I was talking about.  I apologize for that but I am not using it in anyway.  I actually have no idea what it is.

Is there a way to removed those other main menu items like addons, games, general and the others for users with me only having full access when needed?  I just want to simplify it for the family and wife who hates to learn new things.
I also see no option for me to remove or edit the posted pic.
(2020-08-10, 08:47)badbones Wrote: [ -> ]I had no idea what you referred to and then I looked at the picture.  It is not on my system as I pulled that pic from then internet to show what I was talking about.
ah, ok. Ignore my comment then.

(2020-08-10, 08:47)badbones Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to removed those other main menu items like addons, games, general and the others for users with me only having full access when needed?
You can remove them from Skin Settings>Home then the option Hide Categories. If you remove the Settings menu item, Settings are then accessible from the Shutdown Context Menu (press s on your keyboard)
(2020-08-10, 08:48)badbones Wrote: [ -> ]I also see no option for me to remove or edit the posted pic.
You haven't been a member long enough. You will soon receive full forum privileges then the Edit and other buttons will become available. You can leave the pic, its fine.
@badbones 

Did @Karellen  answer all your questions?

Let me know if you have any other thoughts or questions.
I recommend looking at the wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier
I'll mark this thread as solved.
He sure did  Thank you