Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 19 (Matrix)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2021-01-02, 20:46)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]... so I'm not sure why stock Estuary has that option and this mod doesn't.
Propably its visibla just in boxes with dual boot.
But thank You in advance. Smile
(2021-01-03, 00:21)Juno Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-02, 20:46)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]... so I'm not sure why stock Estuary has that option and this mod doesn't.
The menu for the power button is defined in DialogButtonMenu.xml.  I've compared the one in stock Estuary and my mod.  They are identical.  The only thing I can figure is that your Kodi install is a slightly modified version of Kodi that includes that extra menu.  Sometimes platform specific builds do that.
(2021-01-03, 00:29)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-03, 00:21)Juno Wrote: [ -> ]
The menu for the power button is defined in DialogButtonMenu.xml.  I've compared the one in stock Estuary and my mod.  They are identical.  The only thing I can figure is that your Kodi install is a slightly modified version of Kodi that includes that extra menu.  Sometimes platform specific builds do that.
Estuary CE shutdownmenu
Here is DialogButtonMenu.xml from Coreelec. It is quite complex. Just in case you would like to use it in your mod.
I cannot get to the context menu to select artwork. I do not see the button in the info page for it. Is there something I need to install to get it to show up?
(2021-01-11, 17:21)uVSthem Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot get to the context menu to select artwork. I do not see the button in the info page for it. Is there something I need to install to get it to show up?

There is a choose artwork button on every info screen I checked.
That set of stuff was not touched from the original Estuary, so you might want to check and see if the problem persists if you use the stock skin.
(2021-01-11, 18:23)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-11, 17:21)uVSthem Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot get to the context menu to select artwork. I do not see the button in the info page for it. Is there something I need to install to get it to show up?

That set of stuff was not touched from the original Estuary, so you might want to check and see if the problem persists if you use the stock skin.
Thanks you for the reply. It is there with normal Estuary so I'm not what is going on with the mod. Do you know the best way I get go back to a "factory default" setting without losing my entire library?
(2021-01-11, 18:56)uVSthem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-11, 18:23)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks you for the reply. It is there with normal Estuary so I'm not what is going on with the mod. Do you know the best way I get go back to a "factory default" setting without losing my entire library?
You can delete the settings.xml file in userdata/addon_data/skin.estuary.matrix.pkscout.mod.  That would reset the skin back to it's default settings. I'll be a little surprised if that helped since, again, the code that generates that info page is 100% the same as stock Estuary.  But let's see what happens.
@pkscout would there be any change for your Estuary mod that would enable the traditional seek bar on the bottom half of the OSD?  I don't need to read sub-titles in PVR Recordings and I just can't get used to the look and feel of the top scroll bar.

Martin
(2021-01-23, 03:12)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout would there be any change for your Estuary mod that would enable the traditional seek bar on the bottom half of the OSD?  I don't need to read sub-titles in PVR Recordings and I just can't get used to the look and feel of the top scroll bar.

Martin
I didn't even realize the seek bar had moved in the Matrix version of Estuary (I'm using Arctic Horizon for day to day use now). I'd hadn't planned to make any further changes, but let me see how hard it would be to have an option to use the old OSD.
(2021-01-23, 18:55)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-23, 03:12)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]@pkscout would there be any change for your Estuary mod that would enable the traditional seek bar on the bottom half of the OSD?  I don't need to read sub-titles in PVR Recordings and I just can't get used to the look and feel of the top scroll bar.

Martin
I didn't even realize the seek bar had moved in the Matrix version of Estuary (I'm using Arctic Horizon for day to day use now). I'd hadn't planned to make any further changes, but let me see how hard it would be to have an option to use the old OSD.

Everything is still there. should be just a case of reversing the visibility condition changes, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18448
Thanks for the hint @jjd-uk I actually starting really liking your change to use FF/RW from time to time but now I keep doing long skips to the beginning of the file when I forgot to hit OK.

Martin

Martin
v 1.0.6 is in my skin repo now and has a toggle switch in the general skin settings to show the seekbar at the bottom instead. I didn't do anything to try and move any active captions, so that'll still be an issue. But it was an issue in Leia anyway, so I think what I did just gives you the option to have it work the way it did in Leia, warts and all.
Works great thanks a lot @pkscout I appreciate you taking the time since I know you don't use Estuary anymore.  The support for the bigger space for major/minor channel numbers is a bonus.

Martin
(2021-01-26, 01:27)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]Works great thanks a lot @pkscout I appreciate you taking the time since I know you don't use Estuary anymore.  The support for the bigger space for major/minor channel numbers is a bonus.

Martin
Yea, I noticed that while testing. I thought I had fixed all those, so I snuck that in too.
Something I reported in your v18 mod, showed up in this mod. When viewing TV shows in Poster view, the poster with focus (the larger poster on the left) does NOT show the watched count.
Could you check this please.
Again, many thanks for your mod.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9