Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 19 (Matrix)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2021-03-02, 11:30)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]Something I reported in your v18 mod, showed up in this mod. When viewing TV shows in Poster view, the poster with focus (the larger poster on the left) does NOT show the watched count.
Could you check this please.
Again, many thanks for your mod.
I do vaguely remember that (and adding it to the 18 mod).  I've got a bunch of stuff in the hopper right now, but let me see if I can track down again how I fixed that.
(2021-03-03, 02:51)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-02, 11:30)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]Something I reported in your v18 mod, showed up in this mod. When viewing TV shows in Poster view, the poster with focus (the larger poster on the left) does NOT show the watched count.
I do vaguely remember that (and adding it to the 18 mod).  I've got a bunch of stuff in the hopper right now, but let me see if I can track down again how I fixed that.
Thank you very much.
A quick question to the master. Is there a setting (aka minimize black bars) that will auto zoom 21/9 movies to 16/9 (zoom to 1.32)? Handy for OLED/Plasma displays.
(2021-03-03, 14:05)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-03, 02:51)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
Thank you very much.
A quick question to the master. Is there a setting (aka minimize black bars) that will auto zoom 21/9 movies to 16/9 (zoom to 1.32)? Handy for OLED/Plasma displays.
Not that I know of, but I don't know all the video settings (which are core Kodi and not skin related).
I have just installed the skin and I think I've found a bug. In Node Editor plugin I have added a rule excluding some movies based on folder. Rule is added to "Movies -> Titles" category.
Now when I click on the category icon (on the top of Movies page) it shows me the list of movie titles excluding those with the rule. Correct behavior.
However when I assign action "Movie -> Titles" for "Movie button" (in skin configuration) in menu on the left side it shows me the list of all movie titles disregarding the rule. Incorrect behavior.

I searched over the internet and found that it might be cause if skin is invoking, as in this example, videodb://movies/titles/ instead of library://video/movies/titles.xml/

Is there a possible fix for that?
(2021-03-04, 04:02)troublemaker Wrote: [ -> ]I have just installed the skin and I think I've found a bug. In Node Editor plugin I have added a rule excluding some movies based on folder. Rule is added to "Movies -> Titles" category.
Now when I click on the category icon (on the top of Movies page) it shows me the list of movie titles excluding those with the rule. Correct behavior.
However when I assign action "Movie -> Titles" for "Movie button" (in skin configuration) in menu on the left side it shows me the list of all movie titles disregarding the rule. Incorrect behavior.

I searched over the internet and found that it might be cause if skin is invoking, as in this example, videodb://movies/titles/ instead of library://video/movies/titles.xml/

Is there a possible fix for that?
There is no capacity in this mod for the actions list to include custom nodes. If you need something like that you will have to use a different skin that supports something like Skin Shortcuts. Those skins usually have very flexible menu options.
Pkscout, thank you for your response. I completely agree. Handling Skin Shortcuts would be overdoing for this lightweight modification Smile
However I'm asking is there a possibility that you could change the way you are handling calling of original Titles category on left menu button to do it in the same manner that you are doing it in top icons on Movie page?
My guess is that in menu it is invoked as videodb://movies/titles/ and on the icon as library://video/movies/titles.xml/
(2021-03-04, 21:28)troublemaker Wrote: [ -> ]Pkscout, thank you for your response. I completely agree. Handling Skin Shortcuts would be overdoing for this lightweight modification Smile
However I'm asking is there a possibility that you could change the way you are handling calling of original Titles category on left menu button to do it in the same manner that you are doing it in top icons on Movie page?
My guess is that in menu it is invoked as videodb://movies/titles/ and on the icon as library://video/movies/titles.xml/
Because nodes can be deleted, I don't want to add any settings that could result in an invalid setup. If I did this and you set the action to the node and then deleted the node, your setup would be broken.
I just checked the default Estuary skin. The watched count in Poster view is not showing on the item with focus!
Bug needs to be reported please..
The number of episodes already watched is no longer displayed in the list view; e.g. Altered Carbon: I have seen the first season and 4 episodes of the second season. But in the current list view it only shows me that the series contains 18 episodes (even written out) - with Kodi 18.9 and in the poster view for example, it says 14/18 so I can see directly at a glance how much I have already watched.
How (and where) can I restore this to the x/xy format in list view?
(2021-04-23, 13:48)bierbaron_2 Wrote: [ -> ]The number of episodes already watched is no longer displayed in the list view; e.g. Altered Carbon: I have seen the first season and 4 episodes of the second season. But in the current list view it only shows me that the series contains 18 episodes (even written out) - with Kodi 18.9 and in the poster view for example, it says 14/18 so I can see directly at a glance how much I have already watched.
Is this issue only with the mod, or do you see it in the default Estuary as well?  I don't think anything in my mod would have caused that to disappear, but it is possible that changed between the Leia and Matrix version of Estuary.
(2021-04-23, 20:21)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-23, 13:48)bierbaron_2 Wrote: [ -> ]The number of episodes already watched is no longer displayed in the list view; e.g. Altered Carbon: I have seen the first season and 4 episodes of the second season. But in the current list view it only shows me that the series contains 18 episodes (even written out) - with Kodi 18.9 and in the poster view for example, it says 14/18 so I can see directly at a glance how much I have already watched.
Is this issue only with the mod, or do you see it in the default Estuary as well?  I don't think anything in my mod would have caused that to disappear, but it is possible that changed between the Leia and Matrix version of Estuary.
oh apologies, i'm talking about the default skin (Estuary skin by phil65)
It happens in Estuary too (as I stated in an earlier post). Waiting for 19.1
(2021-04-30, 02:31)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]
It happens in Estuary too (as I stated in an earlier post). Waiting for 19.1
That was probably nothing, the problem persists even after an upgrade to 19.1. How and where can I change the list view? I want the list view to show the progress of the series as it was in 18.9 and always has been. Also for example in the poster view it says 14/18 - that is clear and helpful, instead of 18 episodes as in the list view.
Thank you very much @pkscout for your Mod!
(I was really shocked after the recent update to KODI Matrix and the new GUI - after years using "Xoncfluence"...)

One thing that I can't find so far in your Mod:
I would like to see the "unwatched movies" and "unwatched TV shows".
But I not by some random order. I would like to see them sorted by title.

How can I do that?

Note:
I use KODI v19.1 on a Raspberry Pi4 with "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.4.img.gz"
(2021-06-19, 17:39)GhoudiOnPi Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much @pkscout for your Mod!
(I was really shocked after the recent update to KODI Matrix and the new GUI - after years using "Xoncfluence"...)

One thing that I can't find so far in your Mod:
I would like to see the "unwatched movies" and "unwatched TV shows".
But I not by some random order. I would like to see them sorted by title.

How can I do that?

Note:
I use KODI v19.1 on a Raspberry Pi4 with "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.4.img.gz"

Thatʻs a standard feature of Estuary, so nothing special in this mod.  If youʻre in the TV Show or Movie area, hitting the left arrow should open a blade on the left side with some configuration options (it might also be the up arrow depending on which view you are using).  Among them is SORT BY (which you can pick TITLE).  And right above the ACTIONS section header is an option that will say UNWATCHED, WATCHED, or ALL VIDEOS with a number by it.  Going down to that and then hitting ENTER will toggle between the three choices.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9