Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 19 (Matrix)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2021-11-14, 15:34)dhrv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-14, 13:14)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-14, 00:09)bower9065 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to show the video OSD info when playing next video. Has been missing in Matrix. Very useful to me when shuffle playing through TV shows.
I don't really use Estuary anymore, so when you say "missing in Matrix" is that "missing from the default skin?" If it's not in the default skin, then mostly it won't be in this mod either. This mod mostly focused on a way to easily reorganize the main screen (and a few small tweaks on other screens).
@pkscout: I also wanted to express my gratitude towards you working on this mod for over a year even though you are not using it anymore! 🤗 Out of curiosity, what skin are you using now (in case you are still with Kodi v19)?
Interestingly enough I switched back to my Estuary mod.  I'd been using Arctic Horizon, and I really like it.  But the spouse didn't like the always changing backgrounds I had setup, and that skin is more resource intensive and gets a little laggy on my Vero 4K+.  Estuary has a much better Live TV section too, and I missed that.  I think the author for Arctic Horizon doesn't really do Live TV/PVR, so his skin had the basics there but not much else.  So, as I said, I'm back to my Estuary mod.  I did add the font set from Arctic Horizon as an option in the Estuary mod, and I like that font better than the default one for Estuary.
I am very new to Kodi and have set it up on My PC, Firesticks, Mobile Phone, and tablet to be able to access my external drive I have set up as a media server.  Thank you for the Estuary Add-on .  I have downloaded and installed, but for the life of me I can not find how to re-order the main menu items.  Please help.

Thank you 
Grinder
(2022-02-28, 17:53)Grinder57 Wrote: [ -> ]I am very new to Kodi and have set it up on My PC, Firesticks, Mobile Phone, and tablet to be able to access my external drive I have set up as a media server.  Thank you for the Estuary Add-on .  I have downloaded and installed, but for the life of me I can not find how to re-order the main menu items.  Please help.

Thank you 
Grinder

Go to Settings (the gear icon) > Interface > Skin > Configure Skin.

In the Main Menu Items section you'll see 12 different slots.  You set the menu item you want for each slot (or turn it off) by highlighting a slot then then hitting the enter key (or whatever does the SELECT action) on your remote.  You'll then get the list of menu item choices.  You aren't really reordering menu items as much as picking what menu items go in what slots.

The same goes for the widgets.  Those are slotted in the Categories section.
Thank you, I did see the screen you mentioned and almost did what you explained thinking it would be a viable work-around when I couldn't  find a drag and drop option.
Hi pkscout, thank you for the excellent mod. Would love to have the option for the subtitle button in OSD to toggle subtitles on/off (or cycle thru subtitles, if there's more than one) instead of going to the subtitle menu to turn on/select subtitles.
(2022-03-09, 19:09)okininam Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pkscout, thank you for the excellent mod. Would love to have the option for the subtitle button in OSD to toggle subtitles on/off (or cycle thru subtitles, if there's more than one) instead of going to the subtitle menu to turn on/select subtitles.

This mod mostly focuses on the main screen (with a couple minor exceptions). I’m not really planning to do lots of little mods to various sections. I’d suggest you submit that as a feature request for Estuary. If the change gets in Estuary, my mod will get updated from the core Estuary code and get it too.
Fair enough. Thanks again.
I want to rename a main menu item (TV shows to Shows), can't figure out where in Home.xml to do that.

Can you point me in the right direction?
(2022-05-08, 11:58)konel Wrote: [ -> ]I want to rename a main menu item (TV shows to Shows), can't figure out where in Home.xml to do that.

Can you point me in the right direction?
The text for the menus are all localized so that you can pick different languages.  That string is in core Kodi with an ID of 20343, so it isn't part of the skin.  If you are using the default language (en_gb) you'll have to modify the Kodi package (and do it again every time Kodi updates), and how you do that is going to depend on the platform on which you are running and what language you are using.  You'll need to find the resource.language.en_gb folder and then open the resources/strings.po file, find 20343, and change it.  For languages other than en_gb, you probably need to check your userdata/addons folder for the resources.language.xx_xx folder of your language and change it there.

That, unfortunately, is the "easy" way.  There are two other ways that involve just modifying files in the skin folder (and modify them again any time the skin updates), but they're more complicated:
  1. Add another string to the strings.po file in the Estuary mod for the language you are using and then search for every instance of 20343 and replace it with the new string code.  All the language files are in the languages folder.  Each folder is it's own language, but you only have to add to en_gb, as it will be used as the fallback if a string doesn't exist for your selected language.
  2. Search for every instance of 20343 and replace it with the word "Shows."  The one extra thing you have to keep in mind is that if you see the string code in a $LOCALIZE you need to replace the entire $LOCALIZE with the string.
That string is a bunch of places because of the way the skin mod deals with the menu ordering options.  I'm seeing four files with dozen's of places it has to be changed, and if you don't change every one correctly, the menu may not show at all.

I'm not saying no to try, but it isn't a simple thing no matter what you do.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, thought I was missing something simple.

As you suggest it's probably not worth the effort and may be easier to make all my mods to the default skin.
(2022-05-08, 15:46)konel Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the detailed explanation, thought I was missing something simple.

As you suggest it's probably not worth the effort and may be easier to make all my mods to the default skin.
Yea, if you're wanting to do more mods, you probably are better off starting from stock Estuary.  That said, changing the menu item name will be less complicated with stock Estuary, but not by leaps and bounds.  The string code is the same though, so at least you'll know what to look for.  Good luck!
Changing the main menu item name in Estuary was pretty easy, just the one line change in Home.xml (the string code above did help me!).

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Estuary_Mo...Menu_Items
Your nice mod works in Kodi 20 as well. However, the original Estuary has a much more extensive player process info (key 'O'). Maybe you could pick that up?
(2022-09-11, 16:27)HeresJohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Your nice mod works in Kodi 20 as well. However, the original Estuary has a much more extensive player process info (key 'O'). Maybe you could pick that up?
I can look at it, but I'm really trying to minimize the number of diffs I have to track.  The more this diverges from core Estuary, the harder it is to keep it up-to-date with new Estuary features.  BTW, there's a Nexus specific version of this mod linked in my signature.  As you said, the Matrix one works, but you won't get any of the Nexus updates with the Matrix version.
Oh thanks... Tapatalk user here, I have made signatures invisible there - my loss...
Update: Got v20 version now, everything works as expected :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9