Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need a kodi skin for PC and mobile with good mouse/touch and embycon support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if I post wrong, this is my first time on the forum. Anyway, I need a skin for Kodi that can integrate with embycon with good mouse support in both the UI and player (things I'm looking for specifically are a less ugly mouse cursor if possible, and being able to drag the progress bar to seek during playback, while knowing what time im hovering over, like any other media player, while working nicely with embycon)
I tried both embycon's clone of estuary and embuary and they do not cut it for me because of mouse support.
Any responses are appreciated, thanks
(2020-08-14, 06:41)Leonard69420 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried both embycon's clone of estuary and embuary and they do not cut it for me because of mouse support.

FYI, Kodi (or XMBC as it formerly was called) was not designed with mouse support in mind, but with (TV) remotes that have 'cursor' keys to navigate with.
(2020-08-14, 07:33)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-14, 06:41)Leonard69420 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried both embycon's clone of estuary and embuary and they do not cut it for me because of mouse support.

FYI, Kodi (or XMBC as it formerly was called) was not designed with mouse support in mind, but with (TV) remotes that have 'cursor' keys to navigate with.

Yeah, I'm aware of this, but there are skins with mouse support, mousetuary is one I've seen but haven't tried (due to me not knowing if it integrates with Embycon)
(2020-08-14, 09:15)Leonard69420 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'm aware of this, but there are skins with mouse support, mousetuary is one I've seen but haven't tried (due to me not knowing if it integrates with Embycon)

Why not just..... try it?

What do you mean by "integrate"? Embycon is just an add-on, like any other, with it's own folder structure - there's no reason why it shouldn't work with any skin. If you mean you want your embycon content to appear on the home screen, well that's just down to the customisation options of the skin - you just point your shortcuts to the appropriate locations.