Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Posters on Movie wall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am still playing with this and slowly dialing it in to what I like.  I am going to switch from a popcorn hour system to kodi.  In my popcorn I use custom posters that have a banner on the top.  The posters are 1000x1500 pixels in size and of that the banner is 1000x130 pixels.  The problem that I am having is when the posters are displayed on the movie wall, they seem to crop the top down maybe 30-40 pixels so I lose a little of the image.  If I change the view to a 3d view or a wrap view, it dispays the poster correclty.  Any ideas how to make this show on the movie wall correctly?
This is what my popcorn wall looks like

And this is what kodi looks like. disregard the other images as when I scanned the drives, it does not like my popcorn nfo files.  I will delete them when I finally switch over.  You can see how the top of the blue and red are cut off.

And here is the wrap info view in kodi and they display perfectly
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
Hi badbones.

Great idea to switch to Kodi.

Are your custom posters 1000x1630 in total with the banner?

Most views in Rapier are made for regular posters (1000x1500 aspect). It's impossible to take custom posters in all kind of different aspect into account.
Some views crop the posters slightly to make them fit into the layout (by scaling them).
Wall view probably centers them vertically by cropping the top and bottom the same.

I suggest using a view that shows them the best.
I see that Wrap Info view shows the top nicely. I can't remember if that's because it aligns them at the top and crops the bottom, or if it just has a different aspect.

Another thing is that you don't need the DVD/Blu-ray overlays on the posters. Rapier shows all media flags - you just have to name the files correctly: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Pro...g_of_files

The posters are all 1000 x 1500 with the top banner included.  I know that KODI does display the media flags and even the resolution which is very nice.  I am just trying to keep  the transition over as easy and smoothly as possible.  I have over the years spent a lot of time making the posters and would like to keep them if at all possible as well as the family is so used to them now.  The wall view is also the view of choice for the library.  I know with the popcorn, there were some settings that I could play with to make things justify properly on the screen view.  I assume this would be possible with the skin, but I have not dug that deep into things.  Working from home gives me a  little more time to play with this but also adds to more distractions and interruptions.
(2020-08-17, 12:07)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]Rapier shows all media flags - you just have to name the files correctly: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Pro...g_of_files
Hi. Speaking of media flags...  (I apologize for interfering).
Quote:"bluray" / "blu-ray" / "bdrip" / "brrip" / "bd25" / "bd50": displays a Blu-ray logo
Is it possible to add "bdremux" to this list?
(2020-08-17, 20:14)vgmedia Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add "bdremux" to this list?

Sure, absolutely.

I'll do that right away Wink

Thanks.
(2020-08-17, 18:24)badbones Wrote: [ -> ]The posters are all 1000 x 1500 with the top banner included.  I know that KODI does display the media flags and even the resolution which is very nice.  I am just trying to keep  the transition over as easy and smoothly as possible.  I have over the years spent a lot of time making the posters and would like to keep them if at all possible as well as the family is so used to them now.  The wall view is also the view of choice for the library.  I know with the popcorn, there were some settings that I could play with to make things justify properly on the screen view.  I assume this would be possible with the skin, but I have not dug that deep into things.  Working from home gives me a  little more time to play with this but also adds to more distractions and interruptions.

Ah, I see.

Most views support a 1000x1500 pixel aspect.
But some views crop the posters slightly to fit the layout.
It's possible that Wall View doesn't respect 1000x1500 aspect properly.

I'll look if there's anything I can do here, or if that would break the layout too much Wink
Quote:I'll do that right away
Many thanks!
I just checked the skin.

The problem with wall view is that the layout have to make room for the top bar.

That means that 8 posters in a 720x1280 aspect makes them 160 px wide (which is the size used).
3 posters in a 720x1280 aspect makes them 240 px tall. The skin uses a height of 225 px to make room for the top bar.
That's why the posters are scaled to fit into 160x225 px.

1000x1500 pixels equals 160x240.
GAde

So IF  I resize them to 160x225 that should work?  I think I will play with this tonight and see what happens.  I wonder if there is a program that can do it for me also as this would take for ever as I have 1000's of movies and shows with them.  Never a dull moment it seeems and thannk you for taking the time to look this up.
Yeah, that should work.
Be aware, that the posters are used in widgets, info screens, fullscreen windows etc. as well.

But you shouldn't make them so small, as they're used all over the skin.

If you want to resize them anyway, you can make them something like 1000x1406 px.

Let me know if you have other questions. Smile
THANK YOU

That size worked perfectly!!!

I use windows paint to change the pixel size.  Is there a way tmm or any other program can do it for me in a batch?  Since I am doing a single one at a time now.
Great that the size works.

I have no idea about a program that can do that.
Maybe ask in the artwork forum.

EDIT: Actually, Photoshop can do that. Wink
Something interesting happened...I thought I would try the new matrix version and installed it..for some reason I could not get it to load movie sets images.  no idea why so I just uninstalled it and reinstalled lea 18.8.  I had to install the add ons again with rapier skin.  It still does not want to pull movie collection posters and uses the first movie in the set poster.  What is interesting is now the sizes of the posters are fine and are not cutting off the top portion of my banner and every think looks great.  I did change the first row to 1000x1406.  All the others are 1000x1500.  This is how I was hoping the wall would actually look like.  I do have many different banner tops for the posters, but am only playing with a couple. 

The 300 movie collection was scraped by rapier as it is not mine.  I actually like that one.  Where is that actual poster stored?

Great that everything somehow solved itself. Smile

Rapier is not scraping anything.
The scraper add-ons are.

For movies, I recommend Universal Movie Scraper. It's very powerful - especially if you tweak the settings.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129821

You have to enable set posters:

Posters are stored somewhere in ...\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails
https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata#Location...ata_folder
Pages: 1 2