Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi 18.8 Crashing trying to watch movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried kodi from 18.1-18.8 but i cant get it to work. It crashes direkt  after i start a movie or tv-show.  I have tried reinstalling my windows and read all kinds of forums but i dont know what to do.  Please help me.
(2020-08-17, 18:35)andreas karlsson Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried kodi from 18.1-18.8 but i cant get it to work. It crashes direkt  after i start a movie or tv-show.  I have tried reinstalling my windows and read all kinds of forums but i dont know what to do.  Please help me.
Sorry forgot the log file https://paste.kodi.tv/iriwufarig
The log provided doesn't show a crash nor error, ending with the log up-loader. Try software rendering, update your graphic driver, ensure syc and refresh are off in playback (what kind of file encode are you trying to play? ) then let's have another log showing the issue.
(2020-08-18, 16:51)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]ensure syc and refresh are off in playback

kodi also crashes with these settings on my computer BUT these are the best settings for smooth video playback no stuttering will happen...
Once it works, once it does not work with the SAME movie...
So for me it is a bug in kodi - a bug which is not solved since many kodi versions..
Why is there no solutionHuh
@stevenbe 

Proper debug log requested, and it would be best to start a new post with a short summary of your hardware, connections and gfx engine.
Dear Kodi Team,

years later you have fixed the problem!
With version 19.3 everything is fine now! No more crashes...
Hopefully you know what did the trick... and
hopefully the problem will not come back with a new version...

Thanks
Steve
We Never knew what the problem is/was given no proper debug log in a fresh post as requested and given that your post was not the OP; I can only suggest the fix was one of the multi-tude of patches, fixes and bug stomps.

Welcome back.