Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What should I call the folder to get this movie to scrape?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a DVD folder version of Peter Gabriel - So (Classic Album) and my scraper is set to Universal Movie Scraper (get title from IMDB).
The URL is this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3142710/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
I've tried calling it all sorts - but it won't scrape in and gives me lots of suggestions - none of which are the right one.  I'd like to get it to scrape in without doing a manual nfo file.
IMDB calls it Peter Gabriel: So but colons aren't allowed afaik.
I've tried:
Peter Gabriel So
Peter Gabriel - So
Peter Gabriel-So
Classic Albums Peter Gabriel - So
and a few variations of them..
I have a folder with the VIDEO_TS within.
If I let it do it itself it adds it as Peter Gabriel: Biko.
Try the tmdb description with tmdb scraper https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/141610-...ssic-album
Strange, when I go to Files and find the video and right click I don't get the option to Change Content.  Because it's a folder with the VIDEO_TS fies etc. in?
I did try the name from themoviedb earlier though.
Any reason it's just not picking up the version from IMDB?
Movies generally need the year, so this might work "Classic Albums Peter Gabriel - So (2012)"
Does a folder/film named the same scrape for you?
Don't know if there's an issue with the (Universal) scraper currently but quite a few things are not adding to the library - and many that are are getting the description but no artwork.
For example, The Snowman (1982) doesn't add as the correct version.  If I do a refresh it isn't even listed in all of the available options.
Just tried it with The Movie Database as the scraper & it worked fine:

Tried it with Universal Scraper and as you said it doesn't pick them up, idk why. I suppose the answer is to just use TMDB, is there a reason why you want to use Universal Scraper?
Thanks for that, I'll switch to TheMovieDB.
Only reason is that I thought Universal was the new 'default' so preferred for some reason.
If I have external NFO's etc. and switch scraper, should I then re-export afterwards?
(2020-08-23, 22:25)sjw1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that, I'll switch to TheMovieDB.
Only reason is that I thought Universal was the new 'default' so preferred for some reason.
If I have external NFO's etc. and switch scraper, should I then re-export afterwards?
I don't really use the Library feature but for me it defaulted to TMDB, so I guess that's now the preferred scraper. I've no idea about the NFO's either, sorry.
@sjw1

Your IMDB link is to an episode of a TV Show. The Universal Movie Scraper is for movies.
Yes, I saw before it appears to be classed as  TV Show on IMDB.  No idea why.
Switched scraper and it's fine now.