Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a limit to how large m3u and epg file Kodi can handle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having problems loading my m3u and epg url's. Maybe works 1 time out of 10. Actually, lately, never works..
If I store them locally it does work, but takes a loong time to load..maybe 10-15 mins..?
I would prefer to use the url's instead, to have channels and epg always updated.

Size of m3u is about 7 MB and epg about 50 MB. Is that too much to handle..? But other players have no problem with that, like DvbViewer and myIPTV player..

Running Kodi 19 Alpha on Win 10 Pro/i5/16GB ram. But this same issue were present with previous Kodi versions too.

Other than that, iptv on Kodi 19 with timeshifting works great! Good job!!
(2020-08-24, 16:18)retrogr Wrote: [ -> ]Having problems loading my m3u and epg url's. Maybe works 1 time out of 10. Actually, lately, never works..
If I store them locally it does work, but takes a loong time to load..maybe 10-15 mins..?
I would prefer to use the url's instead, to have channels and epg always updated.

Size of m3u is about 7 MB and epg about 50 MB. Is that too much to handle..? But other players have no problem with that, like DvbViewer and myIPTV player..

Running Kodi 19 Alpha on Win 10 Pro/i5/16GB ram. But this same issue were present with previous Kodi versions too.

Other than that, iptv on Kodi 19 with timeshifting works great! Good job!!

You're using illegal services if your m3u is 7mb, idiot
(2020-08-24, 17:18)ohhwee Wrote: [ -> ]You're using illegal services if your m3u is 7mb, idiot

Thats not illigal. I have a big m3u list, too and kodi is very very slow to load it Sad
If it is extremely large, doesn't it make sense that it is slow, regardless of the source?  Cut it down to the stations you will watch and you will have a better experience.

Martin
Or try Kodi Nexus. Likely you have a lot of VOD in your M3U and the nexus version of the add-on is much more efficient at processing. Also, many changes were made in Nexus to improve EPG performance.