Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anyone been having TMDB troubles recently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About 3 weeks ago my Movie Database started kicking up the old "Unable to connect to server" message on some of my players. I have 2ea ATV2 units running Helix (yes, I know it's time to upgrade but they still work) and an Amazon Firestick running Leia. The error message comes up on the ATV2 units but the Amazon seems to connect fine so I'm wondering if some aspect of support for Helix has finally expired?

(Coincidentally, my Windows 10 PC did an auto update around the same time that completely f****d my 5.1 output.....can't wait to finish my Ubuntu change over....)

Any thoughts?
Thread moved to movie scrapers section
(2020-08-27, 17:35)D-Zyne Wrote: [ -> ]so I'm wondering if some aspect of support for Helix has finally expired?

Kodi has switched from TVDB to TMDB approx 2 years ago because of (various) problems in the past.
Helix is even much older than that. Frankly I'm surprised the TVDB scraper still works (apart from your current mishap).

Helix and Freia are of course already using different databases. And a full Ubuntu installation with a default Kodi setup can be done in half an hour, LibreELEC even quicker than that.
I'd say you are experiencing the same problems reported here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356651