Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Download Speed within Kodi much slower than Download Speed in Xbox's network stats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title states, I'm experiencing a very large discrepancy in network speeds when testing via Xbox's detailed network statistics feature and the Speed Test add-on within Kodi.  

From a wired connection I get: 

83.69 Mbps on Xbox via "detailed network statistics" in the console settings
116.8 Mbps on my Macbook via the Speed Tester add-on in Kodi

and a meager 29.17 Mbps on Xbox through Kodi's Speed Tester add-on

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to get Kodi to at least approach the speed I pay for?
What do you get when using speedtest.net in the Xbox browser?
(2020-09-03, 10:04)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]What do you get when using speedtest.net in the Xbox browser?

Just checked, 26.96 Mbps :/

Checked fast.com and it registered 26 Mbps as well.  

Guess it's likely not a Kodi issue then.  Makes Xbox's built in speed test seem a bit fishy though
(2020-09-03, 10:00)ntilikp Wrote: [ -> ]As the title states, I'm experiencing a very large discrepancy in network speeds when testing via Xbox's detailed network statistics feature and the Speed Test add-on within Kodi.  

From a wired connection I get: 

83.69 Mbps on Xbox via "detailed network statistics" in the console settings
116.8 Mbps on my Macbook via the Speed Tester add-on in Kodi

and a meager 29.17 Mbps on Xbox through Kodi's Speed Tester add-on

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to get Kodi to at least approach the speed I pay for?

Hello

Did you get anywhere with this I have the same problem ....there is a massive difference in what my Xbox gets (and that matches the speeds I should have) and the speed I get in the Kodi app ....I know this must be down some Kodi settings.....I hope

Thanks