Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compiling xbmc 14729 revision in MEPIS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I did what I was recommended to do and I tried to backport the latest night build for gutsy to Mepis under the same environment I described in the previous post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35622
Code:
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DFPM_INTEL -DASO_ZEROCHECK -Wall -march=i486 -g -O -fforce-addr -fthread-jumps -fcse-follow-jumps -fcse-skip-blocks -fexpensive-optimizations -fregmove -fschedule-insns2 -fstrength-reduce -MT huffman.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/huffman.Tpo -c huffman.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o huffman.o >/dev/null 2>&1
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc  -Wall -march=i486 -g -O -fforce-addr -fthread-jumps -fcse-follow-jumps -fcse-skip-blocks -fexpensive-optimizations -fregmove -fschedule-insns2 -fstrength-reduce   -o libmad.la -rpath /usr/local/lib -version-info 2:1:2 version.lo fixed.lo bit.lo timer.lo stream.lo frame.lo synth.lo decoder.lo layer12.lo layer3.lo huffman.lo
gcc -shared  .libs/version.o .libs/fixed.o .libs/bit.o .libs/timer.o .libs/stream.o .libs/frame.o .libs/synth.o .libs/decoder.o .libs/layer12.o .libs/layer3.o .libs/huffman.o   -march=i486 -Wl,-soname -Wl,libmad.0 -o .libs/libmad.0.2.1
(cd .libs && rm -f libmad.0 && ln -s libmad.0.2.1 libmad.0)
(cd .libs && rm -f libmad && ln -s libmad.0.2.1 libmad)
ar cru .libs/libmad.a  version.o fixed.o bit.o timer.o stream.o frame.o synth.o decoder.o layer12.o layer3.o huffman.o
ranlib .libs/libmad.a
creating libmad.la
(cd .libs && rm -f libmad.la && ln -s ../libmad.la libmad.la)
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/marcos/packages/DEB-xbmc/xbmc-2.1a2svn14729/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libmad'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/marcos/packages/DEB-xbmc/xbmc-2.1a2svn14729/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libmad'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/marcos/packages/DEB-xbmc/xbmc-2.1a2svn14729/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libmad'
cp libmad/.libs/libmad.so ../../../../system/players/dvdplayer/libmad-i486-linux.so
cp: cannot stat `libmad/.libs/libmad.so': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [../../../../system/players/dvdplayer/libmad-i486-linux.so] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/marcos/packages/DEB-xbmc/xbmc-2.1a2svn14729/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs'
make[1]: *** [dvdcodecs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/marcos/packages/DEB-xbmc/xbmc-2.1a2svn14729'

I looked fot that libmad library in my system and I found those:
Code:
/usr/lib/libmad.a
/usr/lib/libmad.la
/usr/lib/libmad.so
/usr/lib/libmad.so.0
/usr/lib/libmad.so.0.2.1

I would really appreciate if somebody could point me out how to solve this problem.

Thank you very much for your time
Check out from SVN don't waste your time with the PPA stuff if you're trying to compile yourself.

In the case you specified we don't want your system libmad but rather the one that *should* have been built just prior. I'd hazard to guess there was another problem further up in the compile.