Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to create an imdb movie list of the tmm library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the past, I have added one movie at a time to various imdb lists of movies in my collection, but now that I have tmm, I would prefer to just update/create a complete list once a month on imdb.

I was thinking there must be a way to do this via, some sort of TEXT excel export in tmm, and then a imdb list import using this text doc.

Hopefully, someone is familiar with those features on both tmm, and imdb!

thx
IMDb doesn't provide any way to import data into creating lists though exporting lists is supported.
This script seems to work: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23584-...t-importer
But it only adds titles. I can't make it import anything into "note".

Here's export code for the script:

Code:
const
${foreach movies movie}${movie.imdbId}
${end}
Ok, I installed script and exported tmm to CVS, but I don't the text in the csv is the right format.

Can you give an example of a movie of how the text should look?

Lets say for tenet (2020)

const
${foreach movies movie}${tenet.tt6723592}
${end}

Like this? which tmm  export does this? There are 10, and the one I used seemed to have random data columns, and didn't look like the above...

thx tars
Looks like you're not familiar with tmm's export templates: https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/exporttemplates
You can create your own template and export selected movies via export command.
No need to type in anything manually. Just select movies> export> load the file into the script.

One thing to note is tmm overwrites default templates every time launching. So you need to create a custom folder under templates folder.
For this I would just copy "ListExampleCsv" folder into a new named folder and change the content of list.jmte file with the code above.
Also don't forget to edit the "name" of the template in template.conf file as that will be what you need to select when running export command.
(2020-09-06, 16:47)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you're not familiar with tmm's export templates: https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/exporttemplates
No need to type in anything manually. Just select movies> export> load the file into the script.

One thing to note is tmm overwrites default templates every time launching. So you need to create a custom folder under templates folder.
For this I would just copy "ListExampleCsv" folder into a new named folder and change the content of list.jmte file with the code above.
Also don't forget to edit the "name" of the template in template.conf file as that will be what you need to select when running export command.

(2020-09-06, 16:47)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you're not familiar with tmm's export templates: https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/exporttemplates

Sorry, I finally decided to give this a try again, this is what I found. You can make a new list in imdb, and add in the CSV, or just the imdb # as  text right into the entry field.

I also exported a list from IMDB and its first column was labeled Constant, and it had all the imdb #s, so it looks like if I have a spreadsheet, with column titled constant, and in it just all the mdb #'s that's all it needs.

Do you know how I can get this csv list with the 1 column, to either import or just cut and paste into imdb? Thought it might be easier to do this than to learn how to make templates and load those into tmm, that's why I stalled on this for the last month and still don't have imdb synced with my actual collection in tmm ;(

your help is appreciated!
One of those templates ought to have an imdb # column in it no? I tried 3-4 now and nothing. You would think though. I don't understand those steps to make a template. Like those 3 things a template needs, are they .txt files, I don't know how to program code, if that wasn't clear by my issues haha
(2020-12-17, 18:04)Pdubbbs Wrote: [ -> ]if I have a spreadsheet, with column titled constant, and in it just all the mdb #'s that's all it needs.

That's exactly what the template I gave you will create when you export for selected movies.
(2020-12-17, 18:21)Pdubbbs Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand those steps to make a template. Like those 3 things a template needs, are they .txt files

Take a look at tmm\templates folder. If you open any sub-folder in it, you will find most of them have only two files: list.jmte & template.conf.
Yes, both are text files and you can edit them with any text editor.

So create a new sub-folder named "imdb id list" inside the templates folder with the following two text files within it.

list.jmte:
Code:
const
${end}

template.conf:
Code:
name=IMDb id List
type=movie
list=list.jmte
extension=csv
description=Creates a list of IMDb id for selected movies

Now select movies> export> then you will find the new template "IMDb id List", select it and export.
Go to the IMDb site and load the exported csv file for importing your list.
(2020-12-18, 06:11)tars Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-17, 18:04)Pdubbbs Wrote: [ -> ]if I have a spreadsheet, with column titled constant, and in it just all the mdb #'s that's all it needs.

That's exactly what the template I gave you will create when you export for selected movies.
(2020-12-17, 18:21)Pdubbbs Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand those steps to make a template. Like those 3 things a template needs, are they .txt files

Take a look at tmm\templates folder. If you open any sub-folder in it, you will find most of them have only two files: list.jmte & template.conf.
Yes, both are text files and you can edit them with any text editor.

So create a new sub-folder named "imdb id list" inside the templates folder with the following two text files within it.

list.jmte:
Code:
const
${end}

template.conf:
Code:
name=IMDb id List
type=movie
list=list.jmte
extension=csv
description=Creates a list of IMDb id for selected movies

Now select movies> export> then you will find the new template "IMDb id List", select it and export.
Go to the IMDb site and load the exported csv file for importing your list.

It worked! Honestly, I have no clue what I'm doing usually, so when stuff like this works its like magic to me! But really its your knowledge and instructions, so THANK YOU Wink  finally got my imdb list!