Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TMM deletes more than it should!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

unfortunately only yesterday I noticed the following:
If I have a directory with a single movie inside, and then I delete the movie from TMM with the option to also delete the local file, then the whole directory will be removed.

That wouldn't be too bad but... inside the directory there were still Extras from that movie, which have been deleted as well! (and even some more non-movie files)
(Some movies I have on DVD and bought the BluRay version later, that's why they're duplicated, but the BluRays not always have the Extras the DVDs had)

When deleting movies from a directory with several movies inside, it only deleted that one movie (and the posters and nfo file to that movie).

Maybe there should be a warning like "Attention! Deleting the movie will also delete Extras!" or something like this. Or maybe better: only remove the directory if it's empty after the movie itself has been removed.
what did you expect? If you have a movie in exactly one folder containing all movie related stuff, why should that folder do not get deleted when choosing delete movie?

but if you have not unselected the trash bin, all your files will be in the .deletedByTmm folder in your data source
Well it wasn't clear for me, that TMM also deletes the Extras directory then.

Now I know, that I have to move the Extras directory to the BluRay directory BEFORE I delete the movie via TMM.

But maybe a warning would be nice anyway?
I've already deleted the long text of the warning popup which comes up when deleting movies/TV shows.. needs to be translated though

available for v4
Personally I don't think it's a good idea to provide "delete trash folder on exit" option in the first place as anything unforeseeable can happen besides this issue whether it's user error or program error.
Any deletion should be done by the user manually outside of tmm while tmm only does "moving" files.