Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But now it is getting unpleasant with the authErrors, especially if no one can do anything about it and you are helplessly exposed to the whole thing over several days...
Having a problem playing trailers now for movies through YouTube. Have Kodi on a Sony tv. Don’t know where to find the log or how to copy and paste it from the tv to here. I’ve done the thing to get the API key, ID, and Secret, placed them in the appropriate fields, double checked that they are inputted correctly, but still not having luck playing trailers. Additionally, when I try to login to YouTube, it says I need to input two codes to google.com/device. After I put the first one in, it gets stuck on the first screen showing the first code. If I hit cancel, Kodi gets stuck on the cancelling screen and I have to force close the Kodi app. Any suggestions for either of these issues? Is there another addon that can play trailers from within the Information panel of a movie?

Thanks.
Now also getting the "Video Not Available", "The following content is not available on this app. Watch this content on the latest version of YouTube" for every video. Subscriptions appear fine. Running Matrix 19.4.0 on OpenElec 10.0.2 on a Pi 4. Any fixes for this, please?
(2022-10-13, 00:04)pauls156 Wrote: [ -> ]Having a problem playing trailers now for movies through YouTube. Have Kodi on a Sony tv. Don’t know where to find the log or how to copy and paste it from the tv to here. I’ve done the thing to get the API key, ID, and Secret, placed them in the appropriate fields, double checked that they are inputted correctly, but still not having luck playing trailers. Additionally, when I try to login to YouTube, it says I need to input two codes to google.com/device. After I put the first one in, it gets stuck on the first screen showing the first code. If I hit cancel, Kodi gets stuck on the cancelling screen and I have to force close the Kodi app. Any suggestions for either of these issues? Is there another addon that can play trailers from within the Information panel of a movie?

Thanks.
It's normal, you have to log TWICE with the two different codes to google.com/device . The two codes are two different tasks linked to your only Youtube account. You were close to succeed !
After putting the first one, open a new tab with the URL google.com/device and enter the second code.
The second code never shows up though. After I enter the first code, a second code never pops up. I just see the first code? Does it just automatically show another one after waiting for a long time? The only option I have is to cancel.
The second code appears just after you correctly entered the first code on google.com/device

Did you enter these codes from a computer on the same network than your KODI device ?
Entered the code on my iPhone which is on the same wireless network as my TV. The second code never pops up.
So I got the second code and when I input it in a new tab, it says: “Access blocked: “API name” has not completed the verification process” and says it can only be accessed by developer-approved testers.
Yes it's normal again, you have to force it like a web page not secured. Try an internet browser that you can accept to see an HTTP page instead of an HTTPS.
Is there a place where the error messages from the yt-addon are stored? After trying to login today a message came up why this isn't possible, something like 'only access tokens with... allowed...' but it disappeared too fast.
Btw, why does the addon offers to log in whereas I'm still able to access my subscriptions? The playlists and the newsfeed are gone and that's tragic...
Found it, so I'm unable to login with the error message:
ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting device and user code failed: Code: |401| JSON: |{'error': 'invalid_client', 'error_description': 'Only clients of type 'TVs and Limited Input devices' can use the OAuth 2.0 flow for TV and Limited-Input Device Applications. Please create and use an appropriate client.', 'error_uri': 'https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/limited-input-device#creatingcred'}|

Does anyone have an idea what to do here?
(2022-10-16, 10:36)C.O.D. Wrote: [ -> ]Found it, so I'm unable to login with the error message:
ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting device and user code failed: Code: |401| JSON: |{'error': 'invalid_client', 'error_description': 'Only clients of type 'TVs and Limited Input devices' can use the OAuth 2.0 flow for TV and Limited-Input Device Applications. Please create and use an appropriate client.', 'error_uri': 'https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/limited-input-device#creatingcred'}|

Does anyone have an idea what to do here?
I have the exact same problem. It worked fine a few hours ago, but now I get the same error message when I try to sign in again in the YouTube app in Kodi...
@Luterin
Well, the fact that no one responded to my question had a positive educational value - I tried to help myself and simply did what the error message asked for: I created a new client (for TVs and Limited Input devices) and then entered the two new credentials in the addon and everything was working again. The client that I was using all the time was a Desktop type client and obviously that's not allowed anymore.
Hopefully this information will also be helpful for you or other users...
(2022-10-20, 11:15)C.O.D. Wrote: [ -> ]@Luterin
Well, the fact that no one responded to my question had a positive educational value - I tried to help myself and simply did what the error message asked for: I created a new client (for TVs and Limited Input devices) and then entered the two new credentials in the addon and everything was working again. The client that I was using all the time was a Desktop type client and obviously that's not allowed anymore.
Hopefully this information will also be helpful for you or other users...

Thanks for the info! I'll look into it later today, but I wonder if it's possible to modify the existing client/key in the Google Cloud thingy. If I cant find it, I'll create a new client, like you did.
(2022-10-20, 12:45)Luterin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info! I'll look into it later today, but I wonder if it's possible to modify the existing client/key in the Google Cloud thingy. If I cant find it, I'll create a new client, like you did.
Simply log in to your existing project and just create the new additional client of the new TV type, it's pretty much self-explanatory and I'm sure you'll find it. However, this makes only some sense if your previous client is a desktop client...