Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another problem I’m having, I was instructed to get a log with debugging turned on. Don’t know if that will help with my YouTube problems but, worth a shot.

Attempting to play a movie trailer. Have the API key, ID, and Secret. Triple checked that everything was inputted correctly:

https://paste.kodi.tv/usavatisiq

Attempting to login to YouTube. A majority of the time, the second code to input on Google.com/device will not show up until I’ve hit the Cancel button. Sometimes multiple codes will show up but I will always eventually get a 403 error and not be logged in:

https://paste.kodi.tv/meduxajoje

Thank you for your help.
Good evening, I have a problem, could anyone tell me why the youtube videos in vp9 play faded and with a grayish color? my cell phone is an exynos s10+ with HDR, I tried everything to find my problem on the internet but without success.

log: https://paste.kodi.tv/yesicitave.kodi
Maybe, because you have YouTube addon> MPEG-DASH> HDR setting turned off in your Kodi. The other possible reason can be, if you have turned off HDR support "globally" for this smartphone applications, not only Kodi.
(2022-11-23, 19:01)Majide Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe, because you have YouTube addon> MPEG-DASH> HDR setting turned off in your Kodi. The other possible reason can be, if you have turned off HDR support "globally" for this smartphone applications, not only Kodi.

The only hdr brightness option on my s10+ is called "video brightness" which makes video apps brighter, I've messed with all kodi settings but to no avail, I've done an update on my phone and it doesn't work either It worked.
(2022-11-21, 01:19)pauls156 Wrote: [ -> ][font][font]Попытка авторизоваться на YouTube. [/font][font]В большинстве случаев второй код для ввода на Google.com/device не будет открываться, пока я не нажму кнопку «Отмена». [/font][font]Иногда бывает несколько кодов, но в финале я всегда получаю ошибку 403 и не могу войти в систему:[/font][/font]

[font][font]Should help:  ​​​​​https://www.claudiokuenzler.com/blog/1032/how-to-watch-youtube-on-kodi-solve-403-error-google-sign-in[/font][/font]
I'm getting censor bars on my tribute videos

is there some way to remove these? these don't appear on my computer version of Kodi but my Pi version is getting them
(2022-11-02, 01:06)devilledham Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated my kodi and now the youtube plugin only shows 10 items per page, eg in the "Watch Later" list.

Is there any way I can get it to how it was before? I think it used to have 50 per page??

@anxdpanic also i have already report on github............ there's a little issue expecially in recent 6.8.21.

On addon setting there's an option for set every video you show per page. Now apparently there's no possibly to set a value but if you try to change it's appear a strange value like "Monday" "Thursay" "Saturday" etc etc.

You have same issue here ?
(2022-11-12, 10:03)blueman83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-24, 21:12)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-22, 21:19)JMelo Wrote: [ -> ]YouTube plugin and Age restrictions aka. Safety mode
V6.8.20+matrix.1

Watching DyE - Fantasy - Official Video
h__ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg&ab_channel=TigersushiRecords
Refuses to be reproduced because: "this content may be inappropriate for some users"

I use personal API keys and the account they are attached to already has its birthday set in the profile, with 1980 as the birth year. This obviously was not enough to disable the age restrictions.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Just came here for a solution for this same problem. Tried to watch a video from one of my regular subscriptions and got this message. Doesn't appear to be any way in this plugin to override this block.

Also just got this error trying to watch a trailer for a movie through the movie information page in Kodi.

"This video may be inappropriate for some users"

I have 'safe search' set to none and 'age gate' set to off in YouTube add-on settings.
I'm having the same problem. A solution would be very much appreciated!
anybody else having QUOTA EXCEEDED problems despite using Personal API Keys lately??
Having a strange problem with 6.8.21+matrix.1.

I just had to reinstall my Kodi configuration on my Amazon Omni FireTV set and I noticed that when I installed the latest ZIP for the both the regular and unofficial versions of the YouTube addon I only get 9 items per page in My Subscriptions. When I go into settings "Items per page" is blank until I try to change that value and then get either blank or unrelated values such as "Fri", "Friday", "October", "May", or "Settings". Going back to 6.8.2.0 fixes it.
(2022-12-05, 05:16)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]Having a strange problem with 6.8.21+matrix.1.

I just had to reinstall my Kodi configuration on my Amazon Omni FireTV set and I noticed that when I installed the latest ZIP for the both the regular and unofficial versions of the YouTube addon I only get 9 items per page in My Subscriptions. When I go into settings "Items per page" is blank until I try to change that value and then get either blank or unrelated values such as "Fri", "Friday", "October", "May", or "Settings". Going back to 6.8.2.0 fixes it.
read some reply before yours.... report same exact issue also on GitHub.

I'm afraid it won't stay unfixed for a lot: 
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/366

*edit*
ops... google translate made a disaster and possibly misundemisunderstanding. need to fix immediatelyWink
Temporary FIX for "Element/Video for page"..............

1) Install 6.8.21

2) Open whit a TEXT EDITOR the file "settings.xml" inside the path where the addon itself is installed!! WARNING:
You don't need to EDIT the file inside the userdata folder........ you need to look in somethings like:
".kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/settings.xml"

You need to OPEN/EDIT the settings.xml inside this exact path.

3) After you open it....... found this string:
"kodion.content.max_per_page"

4) You found somethings similar........
"label 1" = 5
"label 2" = 10 etc etc

5) You have to EDIT all this part............. you need to edit all this part as:

Code:
<setting help="" id="kodion.content.max_per_page" label="30022" type="integer">
                    <level>0</level>
                    <default>50</default>
                    <constraints>
                        <minimum>5</minimum>
                        <step>5</step>
                        <maximum>50</maximum>
                    </constraints>
                    <control format="string" type="spinner"/>
                </setting>

6) Save this file........ EXIT From TEXT EDITOR.

On my side i have used to reach this files from a Windows PC....... i have used a FTP Client and reach my Kodi setup on a Raspberry pi2 (current build of OSMC). If you use KODI on your PC i thinks you can found this correct settings.xml easily. Absolutely no idea if you use KODI on an Android/Ios phone how this settings.xml file can be located Smile

After you have edited this correct files....... when you back to open the addons preferences you can see it's re-obtain the correct setting of value...... 5...10...15...20.......... to 50 exactly as it always was (like the recent 6.8.20).

I hope it's usefull for someone.......
(2022-12-05, 19:11)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-05, 05:16)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]Having a strange problem with 6.8.21+matrix.1.

*edit*
ops... google translate made a disaster and possibly misundemisunderstanding. need to fix immediatelyWink

Thanks. I went back a few pages but didn't see anything.
(2022-12-06, 06:27)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-05, 19:11)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]

*edit*

Thanks. I went back a few pages but didn't see anything.

don't miss also my temporary workaround ⬆️⬆️⬆️ upper here Wink