Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a new raspberry4 to replace my old raspberry2 that I use as a kodi media player.  I use it mostly to watch youtube content.
While setting up the new raspberry I can't seem to manage to enter my google api key.

It works on the old one. 
Does anybody know where these are kept in the files so that I can copy this from the old sc card and enter it in the new raspberry that is running the latest version of libreElec?
I tried looking for it in the settings.xml but it does not seem to be there
@ebaeyens - Your thread/post (above) has been merged into the main YouTube addon support thread.

See the link below for details on the API keys:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys

On that page you can see how to manually add your keys to the addon config files via SSH.
(2020-12-11, 15:43)menou Wrote: [ -> ]hello, what to fill in the line <setting id="youtube.folder.history.playlist">[insert history playlist ID]</setting> to show the history playlist?

and whats the different between plugin.video.youtube-6.8.9.beta2 and plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.8.9.beta2?
nothing?
(2020-12-14, 18:38)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@DjDiabolik 
It's working here, it looks like you have to disable 'Settings - Advanced - Use YouTube website urls' and 'Settings - Advanced - Support Alternative Player'

edit: maybe not. not sure what is going on there actually.

I just turned my Pi2.... look on youtube settings and the "Support Alternative Player" it's been disabled and with it therefore it is deactivated "Use Youtube website" (in fact it is not selectable whit the first not enabled).

I have also tryed some ways like trying to deactivate and activate the two options but it's can no help........ probably a debug log can be usefull......... i try to take it later if i have nothing else to do at home Smile
@ebaeyens 
As DarrenHill mentioned, you'll find reference to the files used in the wiki entry that was linked.

@menou 
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...-744576230
Hi @anxdpanic ,

The link to my logs, opening kodi and playing a video that does not appear but is played in the background.

log kodi youtbe black screen

Thanks, Smile
@vladis 
Enable `Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH` and  `Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos`. Then set your quality in the same section.
@anxdpanic the issue riported by me it's apparently disappears. Apparently right now all video it's back to works as always.
I read about google trouble yesterday.... it's problably the two situation related ?? I don't have idea Smile
I guess "Watch Later" is dead for everyone else too ?
Had to create a personal playlist and it adds some steps to store vids and then find them on other devices, but at least it works.
Hi again anxdpanic Smile
I've finally installed your YouTube addon, I can now have the videos from the films, everything look right. But my subscriptions feed is still empty. Is it reported as a limitation of this addon too? (history is fine by the way!)
@BreizhReloaded 
History may not be fully working in the latest version w/ latest api changes and limitations, but if you see post #2 you'll see the beta which does fix My Subscriptions.
Oh, I should have a look, sorry. I'll wait for you next release then, I'm not in the rush. History seems to be fully working on my side: refreshed on the go, able to launch videos, etc.

Thanks again for the support!
(2020-12-15, 23:02)David7578 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess "Watch Later" is dead for everyone else too ?
Had to create a personal playlist and it adds some steps to store vids and then find them on other devices, but at least it works.

"Watch later" it's works correctly whit last currently beta after a correctly configuration.....
(2020-12-16, 03:00)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-15, 23:02)David7578 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess "Watch Later" is dead for everyone else too ?

"Watch later" it's works correctly whit last currently beta after a correctly configuration.....

You mean you created another playlist you use as a watch later remplacement ?
If so that's what I did too and talk about and what anxdpanic describes around 5 pages ago.

But the original watch later is dead with all other "old api" functions
Hi @anxdpanic ,

The "MPEG-DASH" menu settings are not available in the YouTube addon settings.

Should an addons be installed in kodi or a package in raspbian?

Thanks, Smile