Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks
been working great for me for quite a while. Installed the beta today to fix the blank subscriptions and other personalized menu items. Signed in. Still no change though. I tried deleting some caches in settings, and access manager and signing in again. Still no luck. Any suggestions? Thx

Edit: well adding a subscription worked so the fault is probably mine, sorry!
(2020-12-18, 22:14)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-18, 21:54)maral Wrote: [ -> ]since 2 or 3 days historylist is empty 6.8.8

Install Latest in-development version: 6.x.x-dev (post #2)
Since the current non-beta version is pretty much broken, I think it would be prudent to simply release the current beta to main at this point..

Does anyone know what the real issue is with the broken Watch Later by the way? Someone mentioned changing youtube APIs. What are the future implicatations - I haven't worked with the youtube API before but could certainly help. Is there two APIs and the YouTube Kodi plugin is using a deprecated API and needs a complete overhaul or is it just minor updates that can be fixed?
(2020-12-19, 19:35)kodden Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-18, 22:14)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-18, 21:54)maral Wrote: [ -> ]since 2 or 3 days historylist is empty 6.8.8

Install Latest in-development version: 6.x.x-dev (post #2)
Since the current non-beta version is pretty much broken, I think it would be prudent to simply release the current beta to main at this point..

Does anyone know what the real issue is with the broken Watch Later by the way? Someone mentioned changing youtube APIs. What are the future implicatations - I haven't worked with the youtube API before but could certainly help. Is there two APIs and the YouTube Kodi plugin is using a deprecated API and needs a complete overhaul or is it just minor updates that can be fixed?
I am using 6.8.9 - beta 2 and "My Subscriptions" and "Watch Later" both work normally. I have no idea why others are having trouble with it.
(2020-12-19, 22:00)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]I am using 6.8.9 - beta 2 and "My Subscriptions" and "Watch Later" both work normally. I have no idea why others are having trouble with it.

Yes, I was just about to write to anxdpanic to discuss the same thing.

My Subscriptions was fixed in one of the updates (with an RSS fix if I remember correctly?).
But Watched Later continues to work for me - it's always been working, I use it daily.

I did notice a few non Kodi related issues over the past few weeks - clicking Add to Watch Later on a YouTube video that was embedded on a webpage has been (and is still is) a bit flakely sometimes, so I assumed that was also API related. But I just needed to click through to YouTube itself and Add to Watch Later there.

I would then view the video later in Kodi from the YouTube Watch Later list the same as I have always done.

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but I'll add that I'm still using my original API keys that I setup years and years ago, and I use YouTube, the Kodi Addon, and the Watch Later functionality daily.

Nod
(2020-11-25, 23:49)kidhazy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-25, 17:23)resinis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-25, 08:57)kidhazy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to establish the Personal API keys.

When I try to put in the 2nd code I get an authorisation error:
Code:
Authorization Error
Error 403: access_denied
The developer hasn’t given you access to this app. It’s currently being tested and it hasn’t been verified by Google.

Request Details
response_type=none
client_id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.apps.googleusercontent.com
access_type=offline
scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/youtube

I was expecting an 'accept the risk' type button, but nothing comes up.
This was using Chrome, Firefox or Brave on Mac OSX, and Chrome on Windows.

Does this point to a config error on my API/auth setup?

you have to add yourself as a registered user in the console  https://i.imgur.com/T9qpQvj.png
Thank you - that fixed it.  I must have missed that step in the instruction videos.

Thank you as well to @resinis, but I don't think you missed it in the video -- that step appears to be entirely missing in the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iFaY8IpTeI video (unless I missed it as well on multiple viewings).
(2020-12-20, 00:14)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-19, 22:00)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]I am using 6.8.9 - beta 2 and "My Subscriptions" and "Watch Later" both work normally. I have no idea why others are having trouble with it.
I did notice a few non Kodi related issues over the past few weeks - clicking Add to Watch Later on a YouTube video that was embedded on a webpage has been (and is still is) a bit flakely sometimes, so I assumed that was also API related. But I just needed to click through to YouTube itself and Add to Watch Later there.

I would then view the video later in Kodi from the YouTube Watch Later list the same as I have always done.

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but I'll add that I'm still using my original API keys that I setup years and years ago, and I use YouTube, the Kodi Addon, and the Watch Later functionality daily.

Nod
Perhaps the problem is related to some kind of setting on the user's personal youtube API "app" page (the page that generated the keys you enter in the plugin config)? Like, they changed something that affects those playlists in the API for some obscure reason and those with much older API keys could have gotten this feature "grandfathered" in some way.. just a guess Smile 

I guess nobody wants to touch a working setup - but someone with a vanilla install of the latest Kodi beta and the latest youtube plugin beta and freshly generated API keys could try it maybe. 

Oh, also, could there be an interaction between the youtube plugin and some other Kodi plugins that might not have a correct dependency chain setup so they work differently for different users now depending on the kodi plugin update state in general?

Can I provide more data from a log that could be useful?
I got a Mecool K1 Pro running coreelec with this addon. No problem, rss-fix works fine.

Just bought a Nvidia Shield TV Pro running Android TV.
No matter what I try, I can't get subscriptions to work. There is always an error msg.
Other than that, the addon works on the shield tv.
I tried new install and a restored backup.
I don't think it has anything to do with the addon, but it is wierd that it all works, but not the subscriptions.
Is there a necessary addon for the rss-fix that won't run on Android but runs on Linux?
Am I doing something wrong? Or is the problem just me buying overpriced crap?
(2020-12-19, 22:00)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-19, 19:35)kodden Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-18, 22:14)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Install Latest in-development version: 6.x.x-dev (post #2)

I am using 6.8.9 - beta 2 and "My Subscriptions" and "Watch Later" both work normally. I have no idea why others are having trouble with it.
I'm using beta 3 and Watch Later is broken for me.
Had to use a personal playlist. Will check if I can switch back to beta 2

Edit:Can't find beta 2, noob feelings, sorry😅
Edit2: Tried with 6.8.8 and same problem. Maybe there's a playlist ID workaround I missed buried in this thread 😉

Hey there, if the 6.8.9 beta2 is when WatchLater was still working, is there a way to get the beta2.zip?
On Github I only see the beta3 (which seems to cause some people issues with the WatchLater List) https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev
Or am I missing somthing here?

Thanks, Blush
(2020-12-20, 07:17)cantax Wrote: [ -> ]I got a Mecool K1 Pro running coreelec with this addon. No problem, rss-fix works fine.

Just bought a Nvidia Shield TV Pro running Android TV.
No matter what I try, I can't get subscriptions to work. There is always an error msg.
Other than that, the addon works on the shield tv.
I tried new install and a restored backup.
I don't think it has anything to do with the addon, but it is wierd that it all works, but not the subscriptions.
Is there a necessary addon for the rss-fix that won't run on Android but runs on Linux?
Am I doing something wrong? Or is the problem just me buying overpriced crap?
Yes Subscriptions broke in the normal release, this is why I had to switch to the beta-version, you need to install the separate repository to reach it... You'll trade your Watch Later for Subscriptions though Smile
(2020-12-20, 00:14)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I was just about to write to anxdpanic to discuss the same thing.

My Subscriptions was fixed in one of the updates (with an RSS fix if I remember correctly?).
But Watched Later continues to work for me - it's always been working, I use it daily.

Nod
So I looked at the git diffs and unfortunately the beta-releases are not tagged in the git repo, so it's not possible to see what changed between beta2 and beta3 (obviously a suggestion is to always tag releases that other users will download and report bugs on...)

However just looking at the 6.8.8 (stable) vs latest diff, the big change was the use of dual youtube-APIs was ripped out, it seemed they were using a now deprecated Youtube "TVAPI" to get subscriptions for example and switched to getting the subscriptions some other way.

Additionally, a big chunk of code was ripped out that fetched a watch later playlist id. Seems it wasn't replaced by anything. My guess is this is one of the beta2 => beta3 diffs. I don't know anything about the Kodi or plugin code in general, but a wild guess is that they maybe thought this could go as "everybody uses the same default watch later playlist id". Which, as it turns out, might have been a wrong assumption and it will vary so some users can not fetch WL anymore.

The github Issues tracker does have this Watch Later bug filed by multiple users, for example:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../issues/66

but the developer does not seem to know what goes wrong. 

All I can say is that it worked perfectly fine until the beta3 change. So I would just revert that change in the meantime as it seems nobody complained about it before...

The Github tracker is probably much better than this forum btw as the developer does not participate here so it's just a bunch of guesswork.
anxdpanic checks, replies and even helps here. But he also has a life outside his passion for the addons he shares with us.
We just have to be patient.
So, the weird thing is that Google actually seems to have removed the Watch Later and Watch History playlists completely from the API already in September:

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...er-9,-2020
Quote:The channel resource's contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchLater and contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchHistory
 properties were both announced as deprecated on 11 August 2016. The playlistItems.insert method's and playlistItems.delete
 method's support for these playlists are also now fully deprecated, and the two properties have been removed from the documentation.
So, I guess is that they wrote this in September but didn't finally remove then until now in December sometime.

I assume Google just doesn't want it to be possible to write these kinds of HTPC plugins anymore. OTOH, this would affect all other YouTube devices and plugins as well, not just this Kodi plugin, and we could always hope that Google get some backlash from this and re-instates it.
I know nothing of how that works, but watch later, subscriptions, playlist sharing and all other stuff works on android and ios platforms. But with the official app of course.
It's just that they are closing doors to other uses thant those they want.
I wish I can continue to enjoy youtube without ads for a lot longer.
The internet was not the ads mess it is now when I started years before the new millenium.
I wish I can continue browsing with my paid devices and internet access without being harrassed all the time...
I've a question about video playback.

I've noticed now for the past ... Mmh let's say month or so that from time to time, some videos stop during at a given time, then when they resume the audio is gone and the video skips forward to the current time stamp.
Other videos keep on buffering constantly.

I did check the connection, Kodi is installed on a old 2600k with 16gigs of ram and it runs just that on startup. Broweser works fine, every video loads fine with no buffering at all.
The one via the plugin often does.
I never changed the suggested settings with the input stream, adaptive that, etc.
I wonder if there is something wrong with my installagion at this point, maybe I should re-do the API key all together?