Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-12-26, 00:20)rulet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-25, 22:32)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Again, did you make your own API Keys (google project) ?

Yes, as I said, I used my own API keys.
Recreate means make again
Hello, I have a question about something in settings. In "General" tab there is an option "Configure subtitles" which shows this:ImageMy problem is that on one PC I can easily choose between polish subtitle options (screenshot), however on another PC it shows me same three options with english language. Do you know on what specifically it is based?
I have one question, how to backup finish video status? What i meen by that is, that i want when i make clean kodi install, i want to transfer all my already watched videos status along with me to be restored on that new install and my already watched videos have checkmark
(2020-12-26, 22:49)Doktor-X Wrote: [ -> ]I have one question, how to backup finish video status? What i meen by that is, that i want when i make clean kodi install, i want to transfer all my already watched videos status along with me to be restored on that new install and my already watched videos have checkmark
Watched status/play count is stored in the MyVideos.db file in Kodi/userdata/Database, see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334127
Hello everyone
I have been using YouTube add-on with my own API keys, though logging into different accounts without changing API credentials, and all worked perfectly well.
Couple of days ago I found out that My subscriptions, History, Liked Videos and a few more menus stopped fetching the data - they are just empty when I open them. However "Subscriptions" and Search still work, and if I start a video from my phone using "send to Kodi" or 'Kore" app, it starts playing on Kodi, and then appears in the history on my YouTube account, but NOT in the History that I can see in Kodi YouTube add-on. All that is happening on Libreelec installed on x086 machine.
I tried to connect the add-on to the same API on a Kodi on my Windows 10 PC, and the problem persist.
Is it something wrong with my API or with add-on itself?
(2020-12-23, 17:29)kodden Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-21, 16:09)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-21, 05:11)kodden Wrote: [ -> ]I think you refer to a way to get that playlist id from youtube.com/tv which is now removed. They are covering all their bases now..

I don't know how the addons did it.....but there was a very specific procedure to follow.
I don't know if this procedure is still valid today.....

if today it is possible to make an external playlist to simulate it, I think it's fine anyway..... most likely if i do a "clean installation" of that addons on my osmc setup I could lose its functioning too.......
You can of course play any normal playlist. But all the ... menues in the youtube app and web app, have a "Add to Watch Later" menu option that suddenly becomes useless (or can you actually change what custom playlist is shown there?)

In fact there's a workaround for simulate a "Watch Later" usable from kodi...... who knows if there is any way you can get the id of "original watch later" for example from pc or browser ? I don't have idea.....
(2020-12-27, 01:22)lehasokv Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone
I have been using YouTube add-on with my own API keys, though logging into different accounts without changing API credentials, and all worked perfectly well.
Couple of days ago I found out that My subscriptions, History, Liked Videos and a few more menus stopped fetching the data - they are just empty when I open them. However "Subscriptions" and Search still work, and if I start a video from my phone using "send to Kodi" or 'Kore" app, it starts playing on Kodi, and then appears in the history on my YouTube account, but NOT in the History that I can see in Kodi YouTube add-on. All that is happening on Libreelec installed on x086 machine.
I tried to connect the add-on to the same API on a Kodi on my Windows 10 PC, and the problem persist.
Is it something wrong with my API or with add-on itself?
Install Latest in-development version from post #2 on the first page. That should fix "My Subscriptions".
I've been struggling getting the You-Tube Kodi addon working in a fresh Kodi install on my raspberry Pi. I've created and entered all the API codes (and can now view youtube and search) but it still refuses to let me sign in, so that I can see my subscriptions. Any ideas?
(2020-12-26, 20:02)przemek211 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have a question about something in settings. In "General" tab there is an option "Configure subtitles" which shows this:ImageMy problem is that on one PC I can easily choose between polish subtitle options (screenshot), however on another PC it shows me same three options with english language. Do you know on what specifically it is based?

Same problem with me. I want to select my native language and only have english available.

Can anyone help us? Tks
Hi all, thanks for the great app!!

I wonder what the best way is to play a YouTube video on Kodi that I was watching on, say, my phone using the built-in Kodi functions. In other words, is there a combo that can achieve:
  1. open up the History playlist - something like `RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/show/?playlist_id=history)`?
  2. navigate to the first video - something like `Action(Right)`? This might not be ideal depending on where the highlighted item is.
  3. play the video - `Action(Select)`

P.s., I understand that the History playlist is currently experiencing some difficulty in the wake of the new YouTube API, so I am fine with having to manually maintain a History/Watch Later playlist dedicated for Kodi purposes. Also, along with kodi-send/IFTTT, this would sort of enable me to "cast" the video from my phone to TV in a semi-hands-free fashion.
I've been having some issues with the Youtube addon recently. There were always a few videos that just wouldn't play in the addon, and I ignored that issue for a long time because it didn't happen that frequently. Then more recently, many many videos somewhat suddenly couldn't be played. I did some reading and discovered inputadaptive, and turned on DASH in youtube, and that got a lot of videos playing again. But, there are still a few channels I watch that don't play properly. I haven't confirmed, but I suspect they're all channels that upload in 4k. The video starts playing, but the video usually stops after a few seconds and freezes while the audio keeps going. After a while, the progress bar pops up, and the whole thing seems to skip ahead a bit, and then the same thing happens, a few seconds of video with audio, then the video freezes and the audio keeps going, until it skips again and the cycle repeats. I'm not expecting 4k output, as I don't think the RasPi 3B+ will produce 4k output, but just functional playing videos would be nice.

This seems like it should be a common problem, but yet I don't see much mention of it, so maybe it's something specific I'm doing wrong, or something that needs to be updated... it is becoming more and more of an issue (it seems to be affecting more and more of the videos I want to watch)...

I'm running Kodi on a RasPi 3B+
LibreElec 8.2.5
Kodi 17.6
Youtube 6.8.9-beta3
InputStream Adaptive 2.0.20.0

I have basically no other addons installed except library auto update, and the Yatze helper script
I only play content from a local NAS, or I pick youtube videos on an android tablet, and share them with Yatze to the Kodi box.

Is there a wiki with current documentation on setting up youtube correctly in Kodi? I feel like it was a lot more work than it should've been to dig through various threads to even learn about InputStream Adaptive and to turn on DASH in the youtube addon. Would be nice if things were documented succinctly all in one place, rather than scattered around in forum posts.
Is there any update on the horizon to get the suggested videos working better and bringing recommendations back? 

Oddball question: Is there a method to pass a subscribe/like/dislike via keyboard or remote in any way? 

Thanks so much.
(2020-12-30, 19:17)debennett2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any update on the horizon to get the suggested videos working better and bringing recommendations back? 

Oddball question: Is there a method to pass a subscribe/like/dislike via keyboard or remote in any way? 

Thanks so much.
If you press C to bring up the context menu there is a subscribe to option.

If you press C to bring up the context menu, then click more, then click rate there is a like and dislike option.
(2020-12-30, 19:17)debennett2 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any update on the horizon to get the suggested videos working better and bringing recommendations back? 

Thanks so much.

Turns out Googles changed the response from the API calls, so its very unlikely.
Hi, I can't setup any account, after inserting the code I receive a LoginInvalid [401] error, any idea to fix?

Windows 10
Kodi 18.9
Youtube app ver. 6.8.8