Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please tell me what ID I am suppose to use for the "History" option? I just get an error when I click on it without an ID.

Thanks,

Shedrock
Hi,

I have another issue now. It appeared after flashing the beta 6.5.1, but is still present using the stable 6.4.8.

The sound of 4k videos cuts off after appr. 2-4s.
Everything is starting fine. Sound is working. Then the resolution switches to 2160p. Sound still working, but stops after a few seconds. Video is still running. Sometimes you can hear sound again for half a second.

Setting the resolution to 1080p (and not 2160p) under the DASH tab fixes this issue.

Since nothing on my setup was changed except flashing the beta version of the youtube addon, I hope it's related to that.
Other videos are working fine. 4k, HDR, 5.1, 7.1, dolby atmos, no issues.

This error message is new, but according to this thread (https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/error-e...tion/11195) it shouldn't be an issue:
ERROR: GetString: error reading /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/custom_mode

My setup: Odroid N2 -> Samsung Q90R -> Philips 65OLED804

Please find the log below:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ixufosafup.kodi
(2020-09-24, 16:25)sam.roscoe Wrote: [ -> ]Removed full quote

I found out what is causing the issue, but to be honest I don't get it.
It is related to AAC audio stream and Kodi audio settings:

4K youtube is working flawlessly when the internal audio decoder is set just to ALSA: HDMI
If it is set to ALSA: HDMI Multi Ch PCM then the audio stops after a few seconds.
(Passthrough is also activated in both cases)

But with the second option (Multi CH PCM) 1080p youtube is working fine.

And according to the media info ("O" key) in both cases the same AAC audio track is used. 
So it doesn't make sense to me.
New trouble. When entering cyrilic text in search, there is an error:

2020-09-26 14:03:38.416 T:1269715840   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script return
ed the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: u'\u043a'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py"
, line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plu
gin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
gin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 33, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
gin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 104, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
gin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 247, in _internal_search
                                                self._data_cache.set('search_query', json.dumps({'query': quote(query)})
)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 1298, in quote
                                            KeyError: u'\u043a'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2020-09-26, 13:23)znemo Wrote: [ -> ]New trouble. When entering cyrilic text in search, there is an error:

2020-09-26 14:03:38.416 T:1269715840   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script return
, line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
)

The same thing, one to one

30.967 T:139985892026112   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
I have just installed this addon in coreelec 9.2.4.2. The resulting version of the addon is 6.8.4.

I have added the API keys, exactly the same ones I use on another kodi box.

I logged in (twice) using the same google account that the API keys were generated in. I have rebooted.

When I enter the addon, it shows me the list of directories like I expect if I am logged in.

If I click on My Subscriptions, all is well. There are numerous videos there that are ones from my subscription list, sorted by date.

If I click on Subscriptions on the other hand (the link further down that usually gives you the individual subscribed channels) then I get a notification "The API key and the authentication credential are from different...". The rest is cut off. The resulting directory listing is blank, except for the ... go up a level.

History works (kinda, it only shows videos I watched elsewhere, like my laptop, not from kodi).

Recommendations shows the error. 

What have I done wrong?

PS I haven't been round much lately, and I see this is a new refreshed thread. Might it be appropriate to restate the links to the docs?

Thanks, Nick.
(2020-09-29, 08:54)sovaby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-26, 13:23)znemo Wrote: [ -> ]New trouble. When entering cyrilic text in search, there is an error:

, line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
)

The same thing, one to one

30.967 T:139985892026112   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

Same error. Not Latin characters show error.
Don't know if this is a bug or a limitation in the api, but I notice that content from channels I have specifically marked as "Don't recommend channel" is still showing up under recommendations even though they are correctly filtered out both on youtube.com and in my TVs YouTube client.
I am unable to add a YT API key uner the addon settings, it shows as added in the API KEY box, when I exit and check it, the key is gone.
When I try to sign in after authorizing the device, it says invalid client key, what am I missing here?

Debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ehovinirop.kodi
@shedrock
You can open the context menu on one of your own playlists and set it as your history playlist.
Your Kodi viewing history will then be added to that playlist from then on.

@znemo, @sovaby, @iosheff
See the beta in post #2

@sialivi
Recommendations are not the same as from the website sadly.

@Strykar
I would clear cache, and try one of the other methods of entry. It is saying your oauth client is not found, which means an issue with your Client-ID key
(2020-10-02, 15:35)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Strykar
I would clear cache, and try one of the other methods of entry. It is saying your oauth client is not found, which means an issue with your Client-ID key

I just reinstalled, and noticed the error is incorrect Client ID, but my YouTube API doesn't have a Client ID or Client Secret, what am I missing here?
My Google YT console gives me just an API key.
(2020-10-02, 19:51)Strykar Wrote: [ -> ]I just reinstalled

FYI, since you are a new member of this forum, certain anti-spam restrictions are in effect. These restrictions will vanish over time.
(2020-10-02, 15:35)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]You can open the context menu on one of your own playlists and set it as your history playlist.
Thank you.
Hello, is there a way to
1) autostart play a random video from a certain YouTube subscription channel on Kodi launch
and
2) make a shuffle button to jump to the next random video from the same subscription after the end of a video?
3) make a second shuffle button to jump to the next random video from another random subscription after the end of a video?

Or how much it would cost to add such features? Thanks.
(2020-10-02, 15:35)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@znemo, @sovaby, @iosheff
See the beta in post #2
Beta is working ok, thank you.