Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-03-02, 03:13)dej1i Wrote: [ -> ]Image
I am having issues with youtube art not showing up in widgets, anyone else having this issue or a suggestion?

Yup have noticed this since the last time YT broke the addon and a workaround was found. Bit annoying but I've just put up with it. Would be nice to get back.
Hello,

Has something happened on the last few days? Suddenly there are some videos that are not playing and others are playing ok. I have the last version of the addon and Kodi Krypton 17 running on Libreelec.

It's the same behaviour as this user:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/101

Thanks.
I am running Libreelec 9.2.6 (Kodi 18.9) and YouTube Addon version 6.8.10 and everything is working great (knock on wood). Pretty soon Libreelec will release the Kodi 19 Matrix version. My question is about the YouTube Addon. Will it automatically upgrade to the Matrix version ? If not, will I have to start from scratch and install my API Keys and do a complete setup all over again ?
(2021-03-15, 14:12)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]My question is about the YouTube Addon. Will it automatically upgrade to the Matrix version ? If not, will I have to start from scratch and install my API Keys and do a complete setup all over again ?

When I upgraded my Shield to Matrix v.19 the YT addon upgraded itself and worked fine for about a week. Then I lost "My Subscriptions." Everything else is working fine. "Subscriptions" are all there and "Search" works. I'm here trying to see if my problem is widespread or not. I may be having some mild intermittent network connectivity problems, but "My Subs" never has worked since it first failed.
(2021-03-14, 07:09)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]The problematic line is this one...
Code:
return time.mktime(datetime_parser.strptime(e["published"][0:19], "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S").timetuple())
...which generates this error:
Code:
OverflowError: mktime argument out of range

I'm seeing the same mktime argument out of range error.
kodi v 19, latest plugin version.
Not a single Vevo video is playing. Anyone else have this issue?
(2021-03-15, 15:33)HTPC17 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seeing the same mktime argument out of range error.

I was able to fix my error on the Shield by going to the Date and Time settings and turning off Automatic date & time, turning off 24 hr format and setting my time zone to GMT. I don't know which of those changes, if any, fixed it, but it's working.
(2021-03-15, 17:08)HTPC17 Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to fix my error on the Shield by going to the Date and Time settings and turning off Automatic date & time, turning off 24 hr format and setting my time zone to GMT. I don't know which of those changes, if any, fixed it, but it's working.

Update:
It was the GMT change that fixed it. When set to my correct time zone, EDT, it fails. Setting to GMT fixes it. Perhaps there is a problem related to the Daylight Saving Time transition? The other two settings, 24 hour and network time, have no effect.
Hello, not sure if this is a support question or not but I can't find it anywhere. Is there an option to set playlist play order to always default?

Default or reverse select requires input to start playback of a playlist, I would like it to just start playing 🍺cheers, thanks
(2021-03-15, 14:12)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]I am running Libreelec 9.2.6 (Kodi 18.9) and YouTube Addon version 6.8.10 and everything is working great (knock on wood). Pretty soon Libreelec will release the Kodi 19 Matrix version. My question is about the YouTube Addon. Will it automatically upgrade to the Matrix version ? If not, will I have to start from scratch and install my API Keys and do a complete setup all over again ?

I'm on LibreELEC's Matrix version.  I had to manually upgrade both YouTube and InputStream Adaptive, but I think that was weirdness from being on a nightly build, because some other add-ons upgraded fine.  All my YouTube settings were still there, anyway.  Back everything up just in case, of course.
(2021-03-14, 06:06)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]@kodden I think I have the fix.
Took me a while to figure this out.

If you build Kodi yourself try this patch https://gist.githubusercontent.com/asava...nfix.patch

It fixes the issue for me.
I'll test this for a day and will PR it if everything goes well.
Hi, awesome that you found it! I'm on the nightly debian feed, not building it locally. If it still works fine now I hope the PR will be accepted soon into kodi and I will test the nightly Smile Unless you still think something is fishy, then I can of course clone the git and build it and test. The HTPC computer I have is just not a monster builder..
Hi. Is there a way to have a better control of the automatic subtitles? Like, enable them only if it's not my native language? I'm a software developer, if there is any kind of documentation of the project I can contribute to it myself
(2021-03-17, 01:20)Albi7894 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a software developer, if there is any kind of documentation of the project I can contribute to it myself

Yes, @anxdpanic is the developer and the project is hosted on GitHub: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube/
(2021-03-17, 06:50)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-17, 01:20)Albi7894 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a software developer, if there is any kind of documentation of the project I can contribute to it myself

Yes, @anxdpanic is the developer and the project is hosted on GitHub: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube/

I am kinda busy lately so I wouldn't want to take a look on it without any documentation or a readme of some kind 😅
(2021-03-16, 23:01)kodden Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-14, 06:06)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]@kodden I think I have the fix.
Took me a while to figure this out.

If you build Kodi yourself try this patch https://gist.githubusercontent.com/asava...nfix.patch

It fixes the issue for me.
I'll test this for a day and will PR it if everything goes well.
Hi, awesome that you found it! I'm on the nightly debian feed, not building it locally. If it still works fine now I hope the PR will be accepted soon into kodi and I will test the nightly Smile Unless you still think something is fishy, then I can of course clone the git and build it and test. The HTPC computer I have is just not a monster builder..
I just updated to the latest nightly build of Kodi 20 and now everything works speedy again Smile If it was your PR that got merged and released, great job! Smile