Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-06-19, 15:20)lexum Wrote: [ -> ]For those that are still having problems, I too am no longer able to stream anonymously. YouTube may be now preventing anonymous streaming with development apis. After adding a test user to my api account and signing in under that account, I can stream again.

This sound promising ! Unfortunately in this moment I do not remember how I have set up my developer account.... can someone please point to a simple tutorial, please ?
(2021-06-19, 15:24)lexum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-19, 15:20)lexum Wrote: [ -> ]For those that are still having problems, I too am no longer able to stream anonymously. YouTube may be now preventing anonymous streaming with development apis. After adding a test user to my api account and signing in under that account, I can stream again.

Of course, now 3rd party apps that use YouTube for their stream and do not use a YouTube login will fail. For example, Euronews addon.

My use case was finding the video on my phone with NewPipe and sharing it to Kodi with Yatse. On Kodi YouTube plug-in worked and I didn't have any login or development keys set up so it was anonymous (or at least as anonymous as you can be with Google). It worked until a few days ago. This is Kodi 18.9 on OSMC on a Pi 3B, Spain.

There haven't been any recent API changes which coincide with this error.
(2021-06-19, 15:42)gian Wrote: [ -> ]This sound promising ! Unfortunately in this moment I do not remember how I have set up my developer account.... can someone please point to a simple tutorial, please ?

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys

Also for those who can't edit your posts - Newbie accounts do not have that capability, as a generic anti-spam measure. Once your account progresses to higher levels, edit privs will be granted automagically.
Honestly saying, I don't think all that talks about anonymous connect are right at full degree.
As per my understanding for current mode of Youtube addon:
For use it one should get developer keys, i.e. that person declares creating apps for other peeps and technically our Kodis are that virtual peeps.
Then that "people" (our Kodis) connect to developer account to test or maybe use developer apps.
So, virtual peeps can: a) connect using their own accounts or b) connect anonymous i.e. don't declare their own account.
For me, for example, as I wrote above, connection is anonymous, because it's impractical for 3 persons (me, my wife and my child) input our account info into kodi every time one use it.
And yes, all my Kodis works OK on 6.8.14 despite of anonymous mode
(2021-06-19, 15:25)terrestrial Wrote: [ -> ]

But how is it anonymous if the development api is also linked to your account?
The specific are here, https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...-864125509.

The key is that you need to now authenticate your device using a youtube signin, google.com/device, and that signin must be a test user of your development account.
This seems to work:
Quote:Sign in and reauthenticate with a valid tied Android device.
Once you press the sign in button it throws up a code.
Go to your Android device, navigate to google.com/device and enter the code.
It will probably complain about HTML been insecure so you have to accept an insecure connection to proceed.
Yep... works now I've signed in on all my devices.
(2021-06-19, 19:32)xdoktor Wrote: [ -> ]its already fixed - what legends!

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...tag/6.8.15
Lets hope they publish this soon because i only see 6.8.14 in my repository.
Use zip from github to update, if you want it faster
(2021-06-19, 19:32)xdoktor Wrote: [ -> ]its already fixed - what legends!

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...tag/6.8.15

Works for me!! Nice job!!
Anyone able to get 60 fps content to play at 720p in version 6.8.15?  Ever since the "no streams found" issue was resolved, I now seem to only be able to get 1080p60, which does work but it's a bit overkill for my 720p bedroom TV.  Web browser and youtube-dl still see 720p60 as a valid DASH format, and I most definitely have MPEG-DASH enabled with both InputStream Adaptive and InputStream Helper installed.
Sorry, double post since I'm still a post or two shy of being able to edit.  I should also note that selecting 720p60 content in version 6.8.14 would play audio only, where as now it's not an option at all.  In prior versions, prior to the "no streams found" issue anyway, that resolution worked fine.

Running LibreELEC 9.95.4 on a Pi 4 with the Matrix version of the plugin.  A few video IDs this happens with, for reference:

TyGVOI_wAeA
9yT9KPQqBtE
3YrSUR5SNYA
Hello, anyone get TubeCast working with 6.8.15?
Finally a working Youtube with the 6.8.15 update. Thanks !
Greeting from Belgium.