Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for confirming, 6.8.6 should be available from the official repository in ~8hrs
I got the update to final 6.8.6 today and the problem is stil there. As it seems, the fixes are for the forementioned problems but not mine.
Once again, I wasted my time creating a new set of keys only to have them deleted a few months later with literally ZERO notification or even a warning. F*** youtube's api and their nonsense.
Hello guys,

YouTube addon stopped working yesterday for me, I tried updating to 6.8.6 beta 2 to no avail.
Below log is from LibreELEC 9.2.5 running on RPi4, but the problem is also present on two other x86 installations that I have at home:
Quote:2020-10-25 14:50:49.018 T:2572985200   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: Extra data: line 19 column 5 - line 20 column 2 (char 1130 - 1133)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 12, in <module> from youtube_plugin import youtube
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/__init__.py", line 11, in <module> from .provider import Provider
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 22, in <module> from ..youtube.client import YouTube
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__init__.py", line 11, in <module> from .youtube import YouTube
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 19, in <module> from .login_client import LoginClient
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/login_client.py", line 17, in <module>
 from .__config__ import api, youtube_tv, developer_keys, keys_changed
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__config__.py", line 222, in <module> _api_check = APICheck(__context, __settings)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__config__.py", line 30, in __init__self._am_jstore = LoginTokenStore()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/login_tokens.py", line 17, in __init__JSONStore.__init__(self, 'access_manager.json')
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/json_store.py", line 39, in __init__self.load()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/json_store.py", line 59, in load data = json.load(jsonfile)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 291, in load
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 367, in decode
ValueError: Extra data: line 19 column 5 - line 20 column 2 (char 1130 - 1133)
-->End of Python script error report<--
2020-10-25 14:50:49.110 T:2881561456   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
2020-10-25 14:50:49.119 T:3011447264   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
(2020-10-26, 13:36)wvdr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

YouTube addon stopped working yesterday for me, I tried updating to 6.8.6 beta 2 to no avail.
Below log is from LibreELEC 9.2.5 running on RPi4, but the problem is also present on two other x86 installations that I have at home:
Quote: 
I've had the same issue on a couple of my installs.  I deleted the access_manager.json file from the plugin data folder and it reconnected and righted itself fetching new access tokens.
(2020-10-26, 13:46)jeffski10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-26, 13:36)wvdr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

Quote: 
I've had the same issue on a couple of my installs.  I deleted the access_manager.json file from the plugin data folder and it reconnected and righted itself fetching new access tokens.

Thanks a lot! That seems to have resolved the issue.
Wrong title charset in version 6.8.6.
I have never been able to choose the highest resolution on videos, I always has to go for the second highest.
Reinstalled the plug-in but it is all the same.
(2020-10-27, 10:10)Lirk Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong title charset in version 6.8.6.
Сonfirming the problem in 6.8.6.
I start the video in the plugin, press Enter, and in the menu that appears, non-Latin letters in the video title are displayed exactly as in the quote above. Latin letters (English text) are displayed normally. Rolled back to version 6.8.3 - everything is displayed perfectly there.
Just ran into an odd behavior and I'm wondering if anyone else can reproduce it. When I play this video (the just released official recap of The Mandalorian season 1) I only hear audio, no video playback. The screen seems frozen. Pressing the stop button on the keyboard actually stops the playback as expected and Kodi returns to normal. I haven't seen this happen with any other video so far. Maybe it uses a new codec?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb2K2wPFVUQ

Kodi 18.8 on Windows 7, 32 bit.

EDIT: never mind, it's working today. Maybe rebooting the PC overnight helped.
(2020-10-26, 13:46)jeffski10 Wrote: [ -> ]I've had the same issue on a couple of my installs.  I deleted the access_manager.json file from the plugin data folder and it reconnected and righted itself fetching new access tokens.

for me Youtube does not work anymore with more and more installations (LibreElec / Batocera). Unfortunately it did not help to delete the access_manager.json
@anxdpanic
I use the YouTube addon frequently when browsing my movie library to watch the trailer if I can't rightly remember what the movie is about, particularly if I've recorded it from the TV and then added it to my library. I tend to use the trailer button from the video info dialog.
Not sure if the following request has ever been asked previously, but I was curious if there was a way to show the default library poster and movie title on the OSD when playing these trailers, instead of the default image and title from YouTube? 
I have been able to get the movie poster artwork to display in the past by using the Skin Helper Script, which basically overlaid it on top of the default YouTube image for the trailer. Not the most elegant solution I must admit, but it did the trick. 
I wasn't entirely sure if this was something that could be achieved or not from the addon side or perhaps if changes were made to the way the skin is coded?
Cheers
(2020-10-29, 19:53)atwk Wrote: [ -> ]Batocera

Maybe its a different issue then as this method has worked on two installs of mine in Libre and windows. What error is in the log file?
The YouTube addon is working for me and I just upgraded to 6.8.7 but I continue to get a “[Errno 10049] T” whenever I try to execute something. It’s not stopping functionality but very annoying. Anyone have a fix for this ?? I am on Kodi 18.9 (same issue on 18.8) on Xbox. I think the issue is there on other platforms too.
(2020-10-27, 10:10)Lirk Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong title charset in version 6.8.6.
The same problem in subtitle selection menu.
@anxdpanic

feedback to release v6.8.7+matrix.1.  It was not possible to add any video to "Watch Later": ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |playlistNotFound| with message: |Playlist not found.|
Debug: kodi.log