Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-08-30, 19:14)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]If you need to swap the keys onto other Kodi instances, you can just copy/paste the api_keys.json file between installs. That's reasonably simple, presuming of course you've got access to the file system and to move files around (both can be done with the Kodi file manager if needed). You can also use the same file on the Tubed addon if desired as well.
I guess it's safe to assume I can't modify those API keys, but it does work in Leia, so I'll just leave it. I just tested it in Leia and it definitely works with the old API keys. I also used to use the same API's in Helix and Leia. Anyway, I'll try that with Tubed. That's another one that absolutely does not work for me. I thought the whole point of Tubed was to avoid API keys, as per the author's description?

Regards,

Shedrock
Originally it was, as I think the whole point was to for Tubed to get generic keys that had enough capacity for everyone. All stuff that accesses their API needs the keys to work, and the other ways to access the stuff aren't so reliable iirc (although I'm not an expert on such things).

But that seems to have got derailed and the current keys are over quota, and anxdpanic is busy with other stuff at the moment.
@DarrenHill - Thank you for the explanation, and thanks again for your assistance.

Shedrock
Kodi 19.1, Youtube 6.8.17+matrix.1
I've created personal api key and succesfully logged in, everything seems to work but I cant get the "recommendations" (and history) folder to appear after turning them on in settings.
I assume "recommendations" are the same as "home" page on mobile app/browser? I primarily use the home page with recommended videos, does it workm and if so how do I get it to show up?

Forum search doesnt seem to help much, appretiare your help. Thanks  Smile
(2021-08-31, 05:07)Vibes Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 19.1, Youtube 6.8.17+matrix.1
I've created personal api key and succesfully logged in, everything seems to work but I cant get the "recommendations" (and history) folder to appear after turning them on in settings.
I assume "recommendations" are the same as "home" page on mobile app/browser? I primarily use the home page with recommended videos, does it workm and if so how do I get it to show up?

Forum search doesnt seem to help much, appretiare your help. Thanks  Smile

Unfortunately "recommendations" don't work as it doesn't seem to be available from Youtubes API. For history check the FAQ here section "* HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE".

jonib
(2021-08-27, 23:29)SupaGeeza Wrote: [ -> ]youtube comments (context menu) have also stopped working.

using the latest 6.8.17_alpha1 on Leia 18.9 (ubuntu 20.04 LTS)

No issues if the video has no comments
otherwise this is the error.
@SupaGeeza the fix for looking at text comments is in the master branch now, but you'll have to wait until it's pushed into a release if you want it in a convenient zip package to install.

But if you're in a hurry, you can update it manually yourself. You'd need to grab this file: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...methods.py
Then replace it in one of two ways:
A) You replace this file in the installed add-on files in your Kodi installation, then start Kodi. This is more easily done if you use a desktop device (PC, notebook etc) so you can navigate where the files are. 
B) Another way is to download the latest add-on zip, unpack it somewhere, replace the file in the unpacked files, repack it, then transfer this modified zip to your device to install from within Kodi. This works better when you use a mobile device (Android TV box, Fire TV stick etc), as you can transfer it to your device via some file hosting site that you uploaded it temporarily, or use a USB flash drive holding the zip and such.

By the way, talking about comments, if you really like reading comments from this add-on, you can do as I did which is to modify the code responsible for building the context-menu of video items, so that the "Comments" menu is the first item shown. This saves a lot of clicks in the long term (no need to go to More > Comments).

The relevant file to be modified is this: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...r/utils.py
You need to modify this line specifically: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...ls.py#L133
That line should be replaced with this:
python:
# Ignore this line, just copy below. Notice the spaces before each line, they're important for indentation.
        context_menu = [
            (context.localize(provider.LOCAL_MAP['youtube.video.comments']),
            'Container.Update(%s)' % context.create_uri(['special', 'parent_comments'],{'video_id': video_id}))
        ]
What this does is make the context menu start not as an empy list ("context_menu = []"), but to start with one item already: the menu item that leads to the video comments. The rest of the code will naturally append other items to that list, but they'll come after our hardcoded first item.

Once modified, you can replace the file in either of those two ways I described above. The only problem is that since this is a modification done on our end, any time you update the add-on you'll have to redo all this as it'll be overwritten with the official updated files. But since I can do this fast, it's definitely worth it.
(2021-08-31, 09:31)doko-desuka Wrote: [ -> ] 
(2021-08-27, 23:29)SupaGeeza Wrote: [ -> ] 

By the way, talking about comments, if you really like reading comments from this add-on, you can do as I did which is to modify the code responsible for building the context-menu of video items, so that the "Comments" menu is the first item shown. This saves a lot of clicks in the long term (no need to go to More > Comments).

The relevant file to be modified is this: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...r/utils.py
You need to modify this line specifically: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...ls.py#L133
That line should be replaced with this:
python:
# Ignore this line, just copy below. Notice the spaces before each line, they're important for indentation.
        context_menu = [
            (context.localize(provider.LOCAL_MAP['youtube.video.comments']),
            'Container.Update(%s)' % context.create_uri(['special', 'parent_comments'],{'video_id': video_id}))
        ]
What this does is make the context menu start not as an empy list ("context_menu = []"), but to start with one item already: the menu item that leads to the video comments. The rest of the code will naturally append other items to that list, but they'll come after our hardcoded first item.

Once modified, you can replace the file in either of those two ways I described above. The only problem is that since this is a modification done on our end, any time you update the add-on you'll have to redo all this as it'll be overwritten with the official updated files. But since I can do this fast, it's definitely worth it.

@doko-desuka : I am very grateful for your incredibly useful reply.  and yes I had bene putting off delving into the inner workings of the context menu to put the most used items first.

Thank you
(2021-08-11, 05:19)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]For some time now I've been having problems consistently getting the My Subscriptions list. It will work fine for a while each day, then return an empty list for the rest of the day, often hours at a time. I'm currently running the Unofficial YouTube addon 6.8.15_matrix.1 on Kodi 19.1, but I was experiencing the same problem a few weeks ago when I was still running Kodi 18.9. This is happening to me every day, I never get through a whole day able to retrieve My Subscriptions and there is no pattern to when it happens that I can discern. I don't do anything different when the list starts working again, it just fixes itself for some reason. This is getting really frustrating, is anybody else encountering this?

I'm experiencing this exact same thing also. I'm currently using official 6.8.17 on Librelec 10 / Kodi matrix 19.1. At first I thought it was something changed on google's end because nothing changed on my end. But it keeps happening over and over.

edit - I forget I have two installs. Other is Librelec 9.2.6 / Kodi v18.9. It happens to both installs at the same time.
Same for me with my Win10 / Kodi19.1
(2021-08-29, 21:57)yonder Wrote: [ -> ]Raspberry Pi 4, Libreelec 9.2.6, Youtube v6.8.17.

The 'Watch later' and 'History' folders are missing, they are both turned on in settings.

Any ideas?
Previously it was possible through the addons itself obtain the playlist id of "watch later" original youtube addons. Now apparently this API it's been removed and, as they have already told you, if you don't have "extracted" this playlist id in the pass you need to create by youtube site a personal playlist, obtain id of this, and use it like a personal Watch later list.

In the pass also for history the addons using the original youtube playlist...... now API it's been removed and you need also to create a personal playlist and using it like a chronology list Smile
(2021-08-11, 05:19)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]For some time now I've been having problems consistently getting the My Subscriptions list. It will work fine for a while each day, then return an empty list for the rest of the day, often hours at a time. I'm currently running the Unofficial YouTube addon 6.8.15_matrix.1 on Kodi 19.1, but I was experiencing the same problem a few weeks ago when I was still running Kodi 18.9. This is happening to me every day, I never get through a whole day able to retrieve My Subscriptions and there is no pattern to when it happens that I can discern. I don't do anything different when the list starts working again, it just fixes itself for some reason. This is getting really frustrating, is anybody else encountering this?

I have the same problem on LibreElec v9.2.8 (kodi 18.9). Yesterday the 'My Subscriptions' list worked perfectly. But now it's not working anymore.
I was wondering if it's possible to get audio in fast forward mode, same as playing video faster in youtube.

I watch more content these days, but as quantity increases, qualitative information gets diluted in 20 minutes or at times 1 hour of filling content. Playing videos faster could help find what I need faster, when no one in the comment section has done it yet.

Thank you !
(2021-09-06, 18:20)David7578 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if it's possible to get audio in fast forward mode, same as playing video faster in youtube.

This isn't plugin specific but Kodi supports TempoUp, TempoDown, Tempo(value) used with PlayerControl(command) I have not tried and I don't know if there is any alternative way to access the commands. I also found these instructions.

jonib
(2021-09-05, 18:00)NewToLibreElec Wrote: [ -> ]

I have the same problem on LibreElec v9.2.8 (kodi 18.9). Yesterday the 'My Subscriptions' list worked perfectly. But now it's not working anymore.

Same issue, Youtube 6.8.17, Kodi 18.7, Raspbian. For several days, maybe weeks, I have had this issue. Even on Next Page or after watching a video, any update can trigger it. Relaunching Kodi, rebooting, clearing plugin caches and deleting plugin databases and temp files (from the plugin settings), nothing works. Only waiting a long time.
(2021-09-05, 18:00)NewToLibreElec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-11, 05:19)arsMOBILIS Wrote: [ -> ]SaFor some time now I've been having problems consistently getting the My Subscriptions list. It will work fine for a while each day, then return an empty list for the rest of the day, often hours at a time. I'm currently running the Unofficial YouTube addon 6.8.15_matrix.1 on Kodi 19.1, but I was experiencing the same problem a few weeks ago when I was still running Kodi 18.9. This is happening to me every day, I never get through a whole day able to retrieve My Subscriptions and there is no pattern to when it happens that I can discern. I don't do anything different when the list starts working again, it just fixes itself for some reason. This is getting really frustrating, is anybody else encountering this?

I have the same issue on both Win 10 and Android 18.9 and 19.1 and the latest Youtube 6.8.17-unoffical addon. I even applied the comment fix yesterday (Util.py and modify.py) and it began working, I thought that may have been it but this morning it worked and the stopped again.